Swyft Filings Review
All products and services featured are independently selected by WikiJob. When you register or purchase through links on this page, we may earn a commission.
What Is Swyft Filings?
Swyft Filings is a document filing service that facilitates the creation of:
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- S corporations
- C corporations
Founded in 2012 by an experienced lawyer, Swyft Filings’ goal is to automate the business filing process.
It is believed that there are more 500,000 LLC filings per month. This automation makes it easier for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses without any high-priced or vague legal fees.
In the nine years Swyft Filings has been operating, it has helped tens of thousands of business owners form LLCs and has developed a positive reputation.
Primary services include:
- Lifetime customer support
- Tax consultation
- LLC formation
Who Is Swyft Filings For?
Swyft Filings is best for entrepreneurs who want their businesses formed quickly and at a reasonable price.
Its turnaround times are among the fastest. However, its fees are not as budget-friendly as competitors such as Incfile.
What Services and Packages Do Swyft Filings Offer?
Swyft Filings offers three packages and an additional registered agent service. The packages are:
Basic Package – $49, Plus State Fees
The Swyft Filings Package is a starting point for any new business forming an LLC, C corporation or S corporation.
It is recommended for those wanting to set up their LLC or corporation without any additional services or fees.
Included in the package are:
- Company name availability
- Preparation for Articles of Organization
- Document filing with Secretary of State
- Free Statement of the Organizer
- Online access to your incorporation documents
- Lifetime customer support
- 30-minute business tax consultation
- ComplianceGuard company alerts
- Free domain name
- Standard filing time
- 1st class shipping and handling
The remaining services available on the other packages are available for subscription as and when you need them. The Federal Tax ID, for example, is an additional $70.
Standard Package – $149, Plus State Fees
The Swyft Filings Standard Package is for anyone wanting to set up an LLC or corporation with additional support and documentation.
The Standard Package includes all the features from the Basic Package, as well as:
- Federal Tax ID
- Custom Operating Agreement (LLC only)
- Custom bylaws (corporation only)
- Custom banking resolution
- Custom organizational meeting minutes
If you were to subscribe to each item individually, it would cost $160, making this package excellent value for money.
Premium Package – $299, Plus State Fees
This package is recommended for those LLCs or corporations that require a simple website.
It includes everything from the previous two packages and:
- Electronic delivery of state documents
- Customized digital corporate kit
- Business website and web hosting
- FedEx shipping and tracking
The Pros and Cons of Swyft Filings
As with any service, there are pros and cons.
However, what one person may consider a disadvantage may not be a problem for someone else.
You need to decide what your business needs are and which filing service suits you best.
Below are some of the most common pros and cons of Swyft Filings:
Low-Cost Basic Plan
Other companies offer free LLC registration, but Swyft Filings is one of the fastest within a reasonable price bracket.
It also offers a full refund if you are not satisfied with its service, and you can pay in two instalments if you need to.
Good Customer Support
Swyft Filings offers lifetime support regardless of the package or services you choose.
It offers phone, email and chat support weekdays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, and its response times are reported to be quick.
All Paperwork Handled and Submitted
This service takes the pressure and stress away from you having to do it. It also ensures no deadlines are missed.
Tax and Planning Consultation
Regardless of the package you choose, you will receive a 30-minute business tax consultation with a national accounting firm. During this consultation, you will discuss how your business is taxed, the best bank accounts and any other tax questions you may have.
ComplianceGuard is Swyft Filings’ tool for setting up alerts and keeping track of filing deadlines, so you don't get fined for missed deadlines or non-compliance.
Free Domain Name
Domain names are not often expensive, but having one assigned to you at the time of registration means that your website and business name match.
There have been many occasions when business owners have had to change the business name because the website domain is already in use.
It is a small advantage, but it may save a lot of hassle later down the line.
No Registered Agent (RA) Service Included
You would need to pay an additional $149, plus state taxes, to use Swyft Filings’ RA services. This is a significant disadvantage, as having an RA is a legal requirement of any LLC formation.
It is also a service that many other filing services offer as part of their subscriptions.
What Is a Registered Agent?
A Registered Agent is a person or agency who has been assigned to receive:
- Office federal and state correspondence
- Tax notices from the IRS and local tax authorities
- Subpoenas for information
- Court summons
- Wage garnishment notices
- Corporate filing notifications
Who Can Be a Registered Agent?
A registered agent can be any person/agency that you deem trustworthy enough to receive and deliver your documents and that meets the following legal requirement:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a physical registered address in the state of operation
- Lives in the state of your businesses operations
- Approves of their address being made public
Depending on your business needs, you can assign yourself, a friend, family member or employee as the registered agent.
Why Should I Use a Registered Agent Service?
As it is a legal requirement to have an RA in every state your business operates in, choosing a service rather than an individual has several advantages:
- Your documents are guaranteed to be received and promptly forwarded to you.
- It gives you, the business owner privacy, as the agent's address is publicly registered and used for correspondence.
- Registered agent services are often nationwide. You need to assign an RA in every state you operate within. Using an RA service makes this step easy and stress-free.
- Each state has its own legislation and deadlines. An agent familiar with these will be able to provide you with the correct information.
- It saves you from having to deal with legal documents that you don't fully understand, particularly if you don't have the budget for a lawyer.
What to Look For in a Registered Agent and LLC Filing Service
When choosing an RA service, consider:
- The company's reputation – You will depend on the service to deliver all your legal documents to you promptly and to file year LLC without any mistakes. As such, they should be 100% trustworthy.
- Reviews – Good client testimonials are essential, but you should also consider third-party review sites. These reviews tend to be more honest.
- Knowledge base – You should choose an RA and LLC filing service that prides itself on being number one in the industry and has extensive knowledge in that field.
Creating an LLC, S corporation, C corporation or nonprofit is a big career step that needs to be set up correctly from the start.
A good registered agent and LLC filing service will allow you to do this.
Swyft Filings may not be as cheap as other filing services, but it is also not as expensive as some.
The main disadvantage with Swyft Filings is that it does not include RA services in its subscriptions.
This is a service that your LLC will need, and that is offered by many of Swyft Filings’ competitors.