Privacy & Cookies Policy
Who may process data?
Your personal information (which includes your name, email address and any other details you provide to us which concern you as an individual) may be processed by WikiJob.
Purpose of processing data
We may use your information for the purpose of fulfilling orders placed by you, processing any other transactions authorised or made by you with us, informing you of special offers and providing other marketing information to you which we think you may find of interest, undertaking product or customer research/development, and the provision of relevant employment information such as recruitment advertising.
Security of data
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.
Disclosure of information
In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over WikiJob or all or any part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business, provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
We undertake not to provide your personal information to third parties save in accordance with this policy. Your information will not be disclosed to government or local authorities or other government institutions, save as required by law or other binding regulations.
Access to information
You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us at [email protected] and, if you wish and upon payment of a fee of £10, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you by email. We may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.
Our advertising partners may also deliver cookies for the purpose of making advertising more relevant to you, or to provide a hashed, non-human-readable version of your email for them to use for matching to other marketing data they already hold on you.
They may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognise you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. For example, our partners may deliver an ad to you in your web browser based on the fact that you visited a particular website.
You can set your computer browser to reject cookies but this may preclude your use of certain parts of this website. To learn more about interests-based advertising in general and to opt out, please visit youronlinechoices.com.
Our partners include LiveRamp, Captify and Nano Interactive. Click on any of those links to read more about how they collect and use cookie-based data.
Copyright and trademarks
All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof are Copyright © 2011, WikiJob Ltd., all rights reserved. WikiJob is a trademark of WikiJob Ltd and may be registered in certain parts of the world.
Disclaimer of warranty and liability
The following provisions may be curtailed or disallowed by the laws of the country in which the person accessing this website is situated. In such cases, the terms hereof are to be read as excluding or limiting such term so as to satisfy such jurisdiction. We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. We have no liability whatsoever in respect of any use which you make of such information.
The information provided on this website has not been written to meet your individual requirements and it is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to ordering any products or services from us that they are suitable for your purposes. Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website, we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses. Thus, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information or images from this website.
All warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded. Neither we nor any of our employees or affiliated entities will be liable for any kind of damages howsoever arising including, without limitation, loss of profits, compensatory, consequential, direct, exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive or special, damages or any liability which you may have to a third party, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss.
We are not responsible for the direct or indirect consequences of you linking to any other website from this website.
This website is intended for use by those over the age of 18 years. No one under that age should carry out any activity whatsoever based on the information on this website.
These terms and this disclaimer and any claim based on use of information from this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and for our benefit you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Consent and enquiries
To access the information on this website, you must signal acceptance of the terms and disclaimer set out above by registering with WikiJob. If you do not accept any of these terms, leave this website now.
The WikiJob Forum is part of a website operated by WikiJob Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number06655232 and we have our registered office at 64 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 0AS. Our main trading address is 5 Bonhill St, London, EC2A 4BX. Our VAT number is 948 5987 44.
Submission of contributions
To add a contribution to a discussion, please click the “reply” button underneath a forum post, type a message into the text box provided and click “save”. There is no limit to the length of a contribution.
If you would like to start a new thread for discussion, please click the “post a new topic” button found at the top of the page in the forum. Add text to the text box provided and click “save” to publish the post. Before making a contribution you must register with WikiJob. Only your website user name will appear as part of your contribution when published, and you may change this at any time.
These content standards apply to each part of a contribution as well as to its whole. The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. WikiJob Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether a contribution breaches the content standards.
A contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the contribution emanates from WikiJob Ltd or any other company, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of these rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution already posted on the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise these rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
By submitting a contribution to the forum, you agree to grant WikiJob Ltd a non-exclusive licence to use that contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your contribution, WikiJob Ltd will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your contribution.
This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. WikiJob Ltd may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the content standards, you must ensure that your contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person. By submitting your contribution to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant WikiJob Ltd the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to WikiJob Ltd, please do not submit the contribution to the Forum.
The forum is only moderated occasionally. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any contribution submitted to the Forum and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third-party rights.
Use of the forum by minors
The use of the forum by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Forum that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Forum should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using the Forum.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Forum, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
If you wish to complain about any contribution posted to the Forum, please contact us at [email protected] We will then review the contribution and decide whether it complies with our content standards. We will deal with any contribution which, in our opinion, violates our content standards as described above. We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Terms and Conditions (Legal)
If you want to use the WikiJob.co.uk website, you must agree to the terms below as the exclusive basis for inclusion. This agreement is made between: (1) WikiJob Ltd whose address is 5 Bonhill St, London, EC2A 4BX (“WikiJob”) and (2) the person who is registering with WikiJob Ltd ("the Graduate" or "the Student")
In this Agreement, the following terms shall mean:-
- “Alert” means an email alert regarding a Vacancy which an Employer requests WikiJob to issue.
- “Associated Company” means any company which at the relevant time is: the expressions “holding company”, “subsidiary” and “subsidiary undertaking” having the same meanings given to them by the Companies Act 1985.
- a holding company of WikiJob; or
- a subsidiary or subsidiary undertaking of WikiJob; or
- a subsidiary or subsidiary undertaking (other than WikiJob itself) of any such holding company,
- “Employer” means an entity that has registered on WikiJob and may advertise details of Vacancies via the Job Board or Alerts looking for suitable candidates for such Vacancies.
- “Forum” means any forum hosted on WikiJob regarding the graduate employment market or other topic.
- “Graduate Details” means personal data regarding the Graduate, Student or Job Seeker including name, age, gender and contact details.
- “Inappropriate Conduct” means conduct that under the laws of any jurisdiction is any of the following: unlawful, fraudulent, criminal, threatening, abusive, harmful, malicious, obscene, pornographic, malicious, profane, libellous, defamatory, constitutes or involves a misrepresentation, infringes any Intellectual Property Rights, infringes Netiquette or any advertising or other relevant codes, constitutes or encourages a criminal offence or contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful code.
- “Inappropriate Material” means material that under the laws of any jurisdiction is any of the following:- unlawful, fraudulent, criminal, threatening, abusive, harmful, malicious, obscene, pornographic, malicious, profane, libellous, defamatory, stolen, constitutes or includes a misrepresentation, infringes any Intellectual Property Rights, infringes Netiquette or any advertising or other relevant codes, constitutes or encourages a criminal offence or contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful code.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all copyrights, patents, database rights, registered and unregistered design rights, trademarks and service marks and applications for any of the foregoing, together with all trade secrets, know-how, rights to confidence and other intellectual and industrial property rights in all parts of the world and for the full term thereof including all rights to renew the same.
- “Job Board” means the job board on WikiJob, including details of Vacancies.
- “Material” means text, graphics, images, logos, music, photographs sound, video or any combination thereof.
- “Netiquette” means generally accepted standards of conduct relating to use of the internet including, without limitation, not sending unsolicited mass e-mail, not impersonating another person, and not misrepresenting oneself to have authorisation from another person when one does not.
- “Profile” means the profile information (and amendments thereto) submitted by a Graduate to WikiJob which will used for the provision of the Service.
- “Service” means the provision of the Graduate Details and Profile by WikiJob to recruitment agencies and the provision to the Graduate of the abilities:
- to receive Alerts from WikiJob;
- to search the Job Board for appropriate Vacancies;
- to use the Forum to obtain information about the graduate employment market;
- to click “Apply” when viewing a Vacancy and, where the Employer has enabled this, to be linked directly to the Employer’s website;
- to use the private messaging system built into the Website to message other students, graduates and job seekers; and
- manage its account with WikiJob enabling it to update its Profile and Graduate Details and change its password; and
- to create a publicly visible Profile, that is available to Employers.
- “Social Media Networks” means LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other such virtual meeting places.
- “Vacancies” means job and graduate programme vacancies advertised by Employers via the Website.
- “Website” means www.wikijob.co.uk
It is hereby agreed that:
- Subject to the other terms of this Agreement, in consideration of the Graduate abiding by the terms of this Agreement and subject to the effects of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties, WikiJob agrees to use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Service.
- WikiJob may supplement Student or Graduate Details and the Graduate’s Profile by harvesting and using information that is visible to WikiJob when the Graduate logs in from a Social Media Network.
- Security measures. WikiJob has implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss but WikiJob cannot guarantee that such policies, rules and measures will be effective.
- Access to information. The Graduate may ask WikiJob for details of any personal information it is storing about the Graduate by emailing WikiJob at [email protected] and, if the Graduate wishes and upon payment of a fee of £10, WikiJob will provide the Graduate with a copy of personal data held about the Graduate by email. WikiJob may ask for proof of the Graduate's identity before providing any such information and reserves the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.
- Password. The Graduate will select a password which will enable him/her to access the Website and amend the Graduate Details and Profile. The password will be exclusive to the Graduate and the Graduate undertakes not to disclose it to anyone else and accepts that he/she will be responsible for all actions enabled by use of such password.
Warranties and Use of Graduate Details
- Subject to compliance by the Graduate with all obligations under this Agreement and subject to Clauses 2.3 above and 3.3 and 4.1 below, WikiJob warrants that it shall perform its duties hereunder in a timely and professional manner and that all Graduate Details will be held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and this Agreement.
- WikiJob shall be entitled to provide the Graduate Details and Profile to Associated Companies and shall either itself or via such Associated Companies send Alerts to the Graduate where it deems this appropriate but without the Employer knowing the identity of the Graduate;
- Supply the Graduate Details and the Profile to recruitment agencies and to any purchaser of part or the whole of the assets of the WikiJob provided that such purchaser undertakes only to use the Graduate Details for the same purposes as set out in this Agreement.
- WikiJob does not warrant that the provision of the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- The Graduate shall bear sole responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the Profile.
- The warranty set out in Clause 3.1 is exclusive of and in lieu of all other conditions and warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation those relating to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose.
Denial of Service
- WikiJob shall retain the right at all times in its absolute discretion to refuse to provide the Service or any part thereof to the Graduate.
Graduate’s Obligations and Responsibilities
- The Graduate agrees to notify WikiJob promptly once he/she no longer wishes to have the Profile on the Website.
- The Graduate undertakes fully to virus-check all data supplied to WikiJob pursuant to this Agreement and remove such viruses and other harmful code that it detects prior to transmission to WikiJob.
- The Graduate hereby acknowledges that he/she is fully responsible for all consequences of its use of the Service and the Website.
- The Graduate warrants, represents and undertakes in relation to all Material (including, without limitation, any Material which it requests WikiJob to post on the Website) that:
- no such Material shall be Inappropriate Material or involve Inappropriate Conduct;
- the Graduate either has sole ownership of all Intellectual Property Rights in such Material in each jurisdiction from which the Website may be accessed and/or has obtained full and effective licence(s) from all relevant third parties allowing the Graduate to use relevant Material and to permit its dissemination worldwide by WikiJob hereunder.
- The Graduate hereby undertakes to ensure that it will not engage in any Inappropriate Conduct or provide any Inappropriate Material for upload to the Website.
- The Graduate agrees to indemnify WikiJob against all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which WikiJob may incur or sustain, including without limitation the costs of defending any suit arising from any breach of this Agreement or any act or omission by the Graduate.
Limitation of Liability
- WikiJob is not liable for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of salary, remuneration, profits, revenue, data or goodwill howsoever arising suffered by the Graduate and arising in any way in connection with this Agreement or for any liability of the Graduate to any third party.
- WikiJob is not liable for any failure in respect of its obligations hereunder which result directly or indirectly from failure or interruption in software or services provided by third parties.
- None of the clauses herein shall apply so as to restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of WikiJob.
- No matter how many claims are made and whatever the basis of such claims, WikiJob’s maximum aggregate liability to the Graduate under or in connection with this Agreement or the Service in respect of any direct loss (or any other loss to the extent that such loss is not excluded by Clauses 7.1 or 7.2 above or otherwise) whether such claim arises in contract or in tort shall not exceed a sum equal to £10,000.
Term and Termination
- WikiJob may terminate this Agreement by giving 7 days' written notice of termination to the address provided to WikiJob by the Graduate from time to time, or with immediate effect in the event of any breach of this Agreement by the Graduate.
- The Graduate may terminate this Agreement by giving 7 days' written notice of termination to WikiJob to the address set out in this Agreement.
- Subject to Clause 9.2, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof and neither party has relied on any representation made by the other party unless such representation is expressly included herein. Nothing in this Clause 9.1 shall relieve either party of liability for fraudulent misrepresentations. Neither party shall be entitled to any remedy for either any negligent or innocent misrepresentation except to the extent (if any) that a court or arbitrator may allow reliance on the same as being fair and reasonable.
- No change, alteration or modification to this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of both parties.
- If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof shall be void for whatever reason, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any notice given pursuant hereto may be served by email or sent by pre-paid registered letter or recorded delivery to the addresses given hereabove. Such notice shall be deemed to have been duly served upon and received by the addressee, when served by email 24 hours after despatch thereof or, when posted, 48 hours after the same shall have been put into the post correctly addressed and pre-paid.
- Neither party shall be liable for any loss suffered by the other party or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failures in performance hereunder (other than in relation to payment) resulting from acts or causes beyond its reasonable control or from any Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority.
- Any delay or forbearance by either party in enforcing any provisions of this Agreement or any of its rights hereunder shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision or right thereafter to enforce the same.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.