Practice Free ATI TEAS 7 Science Test Questions
All products and services featured are independently selected by WikiJob. When you register or purchase through links on this page, we may earn a commission.
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a widely used entrance exam for nursing and allied health programs in the US.
Designed to assess your readiness for study at degree level, it covers the key subjects of reading, math, science, and English and language use.
This article looks specifically at the science section of the exam and includes free TEAS science practice test questions to help you prepare.
1. During a prolonged period of strenuous exercise, muscles might experience oxygen debt. Which physiological process occurs during this period, and how is it related to muscle fatigue?
a) Glycolysis in the absence of oxygen, leading to lactic acid accumulation
b) Increased oxygen consumption, promoting aerobic respiration
c) Activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, reducing muscle tension
d) Elevated levels of acetylcholine, prolonging muscle contraction
2. Which hormone, released by the adrenal cortex, plays a vital role in regulating electrolyte balance, particularly by promoting sodium retention and potassium excretion?
If you want 12-month access to all the practice resources for this test, our partner TestPrep-Online.com offers a Family Membership.
Family Membership gives you access to all the TestPrep-Online resources for the next 12 months. You will also get two separate accounts, which can be very helpful if you have two children preparing for their tests.
1. Which organelle is responsible for the synthesis of proteins that are either secreted from the cell or incorporated into the cell membrane?
a) Endoplasmic reticulum
c) Golgi apparatus
2. In which phase of the cell cycle does DNA replication occur?
a) G1 phase
b) S phase
c) G2 phase
d) M phase
1. Which of the following is an example of a chemical reaction that involves a transfer of electrons?
a) Dissolving salt in water
b) Burning wood
c) Mixing oil and water
d) Melting ice
2. An atom of which element is most likely to form a positive ion (cation)?
a) Chlorine (Cl)
b) Oxygen (O)
c) Sodium (Na)
d) Fluorine (F)
1. A scientist is conducting an experiment to test the effect of different temperatures on the rate of enzyme activity. What would be a suitable control group in this experiment?
a) Enzymes at the highest temperature
b) Enzymes at room temperature
c) Enzymes without any temperature manipulation
d) Enzymes at the lowest temperature
2. If a scientific study reports a correlation between two variables, what can be concluded about causation?
a) There is a causal relationship between the variables
b) Correlation implies causation
c) The study is flawed, because correlation cannot imply causation
d) More research is needed to determine causation
Tips for TEAS Science Test Practice
Brush up on foundational concepts in human anatomy, physiology, biology, and chemistry.
Strengthen your understanding of key systems and principles that form the core of the TEAS science section.
Enhance your skills in interpreting graphs and scientific data. Many TEAS science questions require effective analysis of information, so regular practice with data-driven questions is essential.
Seek out TEAS 7 science practice test questions from reliable sources.
These resources will be specifically designed to align with the exam's content and format, ensuring accurate preparation.
Assess your overall readiness by periodically taking a full-length ATI science practice test.
This will also increase your familiarity with the pacing of the exam and help identify specific areas for improvement.
You can find a practice test at JobTestPrep.
Pay attention to challenging topics or question types where you consistently struggle. Seek additional resources to reinforce your understanding and address weaknesses effectively.
Doing so will help you understand your current performance compared to what is expected and assess your progress over time.
The science section of the ATI TEAS 7 is considered by many as the hardest part of the exam, so solid preparation is essential if you hope to achieve a high score.
By using ATI TEAS science practice questions and sample papers you can reinforce key concepts, master test taking strategies, and boost your confidence before your official test day.