Vodafone Experience Day (March 2010)

18 February 2010 - 10:19pm
hazihaz

Hi

Just wondering is anyone attending experience day at Vodafone for the one year graduate scheme.

Thanks.

Latest comments

• 30 November 2011 - 9:46am
    • user-deleted

Thanks TFM! I hope I have as much luck as you during the Assessment Day! It really does seem like an amazing opportunity and hopefully I can get through this last hurdle :)

• 23 November 2011 - 3:16pm
    • user-deleted

hey all,

I've been reading through your posts, congrats to those who got through the experience day, you must be finishing with the programme now! I'm just applying at the moment, had my phone interview and am 'being considered' for the experience day. Could you guys give me tips on the day? What did you do? Any insight would be much appreciated as you have been through it all before

Thanks!

• 24 November 2011 - 9:08pm
    • thefmaster

Hello.

Well done to have got to this stage... i think this is the most difficult part...now you can show f2f what you are made of !... the experience day that will be held in february will be different from that of other corporate companies... it will be a series of quick interviews with managers, and a team exercise for what i recall.. My only reccomendation is BE YOURSELF, show with examples how you are customer obsessed and your innovative thinking.. i hope you will have the opportunity to join us next year in this unique programme that gives you real responsibilities, senior management exposure, and great development !!!

cheers

TFM

• 17 March 2010 - 12:10pm
    • richard_007

Hey, I got a missed call yesterday from an unknown number around 2pm with no voicemail then got another call with a message saying they'll call back later, which they did around 30 mins later. Good luck today!

• 17 March 2010 - 11:21am
    • racheljessca

It was a private number that called to let me know that I was successful if that helps...

• 17 March 2010 - 1:48am
    • guvna

I received a missed call from a private number today at about 1 o clock ( I attended morning assessment centre on the 15th). However, I haven't received an e-mail or a further call today.... Could it have been Vodafone? Does anyone know if they are letting people know if they are unsuccessful yet?

• 17 March 2010 - 11:40am
    • Zowita

The only thing I know is that I missed their call 3 times untill they evntually got hold of me. So they are quit persistant! Good Luck!

• 16 March 2010 - 6:39pm
    • shiningstarsss

here is the facebook group link http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=vodafone+graduates&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=376293807018&ref=ts

• 16 March 2010 - 6:38pm
    • shiningstarsss

I have created a group called vodafone graduates! anyone that has gotten accepted...please join!!!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 5:40pm
    • racheljessca

I went yesterday and I got the phonecall around 1pm today. Maybe successful candidates should all join a facebook group together to get to know eachother a little?

• 16 March 2010 - 3:37pm
    • MWoo

I went yesterday (15th)... anyone from that day heard yet?!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:19pm
    • shiningstarsss

Zowita - Same here! Well I'm not sure if we were allowed to reveal that either!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:19pm
    • shiningstarsss

Zowita - Same here! Well I'm not sure if we were allowed to reveal that either!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:05pm
    • Zowita

Yes!! :-) I heard a while back but they ask you not to say anything until today :D

• 16 March 2010 - 1:04pm
    • Zowita

Yes!! :-) I heard a while back but they ask you not to say anything until today :D

• 16 March 2010 - 12:20pm
    • firm

Anyone else from yesterday's Experience Day heard back yet then?

There were some really strong calibre graduates so it'd be great to hear of other people's progress.

• 16 March 2010 - 11:58am
    • shiningstarsss

yes yes :-)

• 16 March 2010 - 11:11am
    • firm

yes :-)

• 16 March 2010 - 10:56am
    • prat111

Has anyone heard back yet from Vodafone,..now that everyone's done n dusted with their Experience Days.. ?

• 14 March 2010 - 9:17pm
    • pancho

Hi shiningstarsss,

Many thanks for your quick response.

• 14 March 2010 - 8:59pm
    • shiningstarsss

Hi pancho

no it's not possible to claim travel expenses...

• 14 March 2010 - 8:22pm
    • pancho

Hey,

Those of you who have attended- is it possible to claim travel expenses to the experience day?

Thanks,

Pancho

• 10 March 2010 - 9:29am
    • thefmaster

send it again and bring it since it's very important....the whole day is approx 5 hrs

• 9 March 2010 - 10:38pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Guys,

Can anyone who's been at the Experience Day give a rough estimate as to the timeframe for the day ie how long were the interviews and group activities approx? Got an email today asking me to bring my Candidate Verification Forms in on the day or email them but I already sent them the day after I found out I had the interview?

Cheers :-)

• 9 March 2010 - 8:11pm
    • JoeB

Also, I was in a shirt and tie with no jacket and felt absolutely fine. If I'm honest I thought that people turned out smarter than what I was expecting.

• 9 March 2010 - 10:16pm
    • rebelette

I'd be interested to hear what the girls were wearing....its too easy for guys, formal = tie... less formal = no tie!

• 9 March 2010 - 3:11pm
    • 2010grad

has any one had an offer from Vodafone as of yet?

• 9 March 2010 - 10:49am
    • shiningstarsss

there are so many candidates...they probably in the process of calling everyone...oh another one week of waiting!

• 9 March 2010 - 10:36am
    • thefmaster

no call received..

• 9 March 2010 - 12:28am
    • shiningstarsss

hi egyptianlover!

i was there on 3rd march but for the 1.30 session...i agree with you - wear what gets you in the best frame of mind. i was only sharing what my experience was from speaking to a few guys that day. also, the vodafone representative that called me to provide information about the day specifically mentioned "do not wear a suit!". so i thought i would share it with others as well!

@ firm - read the email that was sent to you. all you do on that day is in the email. no tests or any of that stuff. just group exercise and interview!

@ rebelette - any other advice? just be yourself! enjoy the day! prepare well for competency based questions. eat well before you get there. there'll be a lot of standing up, socializing, talking, moving around. it's important your energy level doesn't go down.

i guess we all will know on wednesday who got through and who didn't!

take care

• 9 March 2010 - 10:25am
    • Needabreak

Did anyone else get a phone call saying they would not hear on Wednesday 10th as Vodafone needed to see everyone first so the date has been pushed back to Tuesday 16th?

• 9 March 2010 - 8:09pm
    • JoeB

Hey Needabreak

I was on the morning experience of the 3rd and got a phonecall on Monday saying exactly that - My heart was pumping I'll tell you that for free! We'll have to wait and see I guess...

• 8 March 2010 - 10:28pm
    • egyptianlover

I was there on the morning of 3 March, and the majority of the guys were in suits with open neck shirts. We didn't look out of place.
    Just wear what you feel most comfortable in, and what gets you in the best frame of mind for your interview - whether that be a suit or jeans/shirt it doesn't matter.

Has anyone from the days on the 3rd got any news yet?

• 8 March 2010 - 9:51pm
    • firm

Those who had you assessment last week,

Did you have any psychometric testing to do?
    Did you have to re-do the logical tests that we did in the preliminary stages of the application?
    Any numeracy or verbal reasoning tests?

And thanks for sharing your advise on the dress code etc. Helpful indeed.

• 8 March 2010 - 8:12pm
    • shiningstarsss

All of you attending the upcoming Vodafone experience day...about the dress code, you honestly would feel more comfortable if you did not wear a suit. Vodafone's work culture is more relaxed and informal and you will see that when you get there. None of the assessors or Vodafone employees will be wearing a suit...My advice to you would be just to wear nice dark pants and a nice shirt...don't wear a suit...I think people that wore suits on my experience day felt slightly out of place...

• 8 March 2010 - 9:56pm
    • rebelette

thank you so much for the dresscode advice....was gonna wear a suit but now i probably wont!

do any of you that have done the experience have any other general tips to offer?

just sent you a private message there shuilleabhan!

• 8 March 2010 - 7:49pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hey Rebelette,

Im flying over on Sunday from Cork to Heathrow, should be in Newbury by about 5.30. Haven't booked accommodation yet, what's the name of the one your staying in? Sounds good that they have bus stop outside. I'l be getting the 18.00 flight back from Heathrow after the experience day. Would be great if you'd like to meet up in Newbury on the Sunday?

• 8 March 2010 - 7:11pm
    • ericadoddato

hi Rebelette,

there is really no need to be too formal. I wore a pair of black trousers, a shirt and a sweater. The people from Vodafone were really friendly and nice, nothing was formal that day (I attended the Exp. Day on the 5th)
    Anyway if you want to wear a suit, it's ok too, a pair of guys were wearing it.
    Good luck for the day!
    Erica

• 7 March 2010 - 3:38pm
    • Zowita

thanks erica!!
    thats great I wasn't sure if it was something important or not!

• 7 March 2010 - 2:46pm
    • thefmaster

that's right...all europeans can work in the uk with no visa...i however wonder why most of the applicats are already living in the uk and very few "foreigner" have shown up...

• 7 March 2010 - 2:23pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Guys,

Im an Irish resident so it does not matter if you live in another country as long as it is within the EU. I'd imagine they require proof of address for the security checks they carry out as part of the recruitment process. Under EU law they cannot discriminate between people resident in the UK or anywhere else in the EU.

• 8 March 2010 - 3:28pm
    • rebelette

Hi Shuilleabhán!
    I'm also heading to Newbury from Ireland to attend the Experience Day on the morning of March 15th... How are you travelling? Did you sort accommodation? I've booked into a B&B that has a Vodafone bus stop across from it. I'd love to hear some feedback from the other people about dresscode etc? I'm thinking of staying pretty formal despite what they said.

• 7 March 2010 - 1:36pm
    • shiningstarsss

hey ericadoddato
    you are right...they require you have at least a work permit that is valid for one year...they do not sponsor visas for the graduate programme

did you attend the experience day on the 3rd?

• 7 March 2010 - 1:02pm
    • ericadoddato

I don't know precisely how it works, I only know that you need to prove you reside here in the UK, maybe because they can't accept people without a valid permit...

• 7 March 2010 - 12:52pm
    • thefmaster

so only people studying or already living in the uk could apply?? it seems strange for an int'l company such as vodafone...what if you lived in italy?? you wouldn't be able to partecipate?? you can always tranfer to newbury if you get the job!

• 7 March 2010 - 12:37pm
    • ericadoddato

I am Italian but i've been living here in London from September. They require you to live here in order to apply, for what I know, that's why they ask you to provide a proof of address.

• 7 March 2010 - 12:22pm
    • thefmaster

Erica you are italian living in the uk or in italy? because to me it seems like all the applicants are studying in the Uk.......no int'l coming from abroad....

• 7 March 2010 - 12:05pm
    • ericadoddato

Hi Zowita,

do not worry! It was just a pre-recorded message from the graduate manager. She thanked us for participating, said that they were really impressed by our CV, that they will be reviewing our performance this week and they'll get in touch within the end of next week.
    Ciao!
    Erica

• 7 March 2010 - 11:56am
    • Zowita

Hi Everyone,

I attened the experience day on the 5th and while I was on my way home recieved a call from vodafone saying that I had to press one to hear a message at which point my network cut out! Did anyone else recieve this call and know what it was about?

Thanks

• 7 March 2010 - 11:56am
    • Zowita

Hi Everyone,

I attened the experience day on the 5th and while I was on my way home recieved a call from vodafone saying that I had to press one to hear a message at which point my network cut out! Did anyone else recieve this call and know what it was about?

Thanks