Vodafone Experience Day (March 2010)

18 February 2010 - 10:19pm
hazihaz

Hi

Just wondering is anyone attending experience day at Vodafone for the one year graduate scheme.

Thanks.

Latest comments

• 30 November 2011 - 9:46am
    • user-deleted

Thanks TFM! I hope I have as much luck as you during the Assessment Day! It really does seem like an amazing opportunity and hopefully I can get through this last hurdle :)

• 23 November 2011 - 3:16pm
    • user-deleted

hey all,

I've been reading through your posts, congrats to those who got through the experience day, you must be finishing with the programme now! I'm just applying at the moment, had my phone interview and am 'being considered' for the experience day. Could you guys give me tips on the day? What did you do? Any insight would be much appreciated as you have been through it all before

Thanks!

• 24 November 2011 - 9:08pm
      • thefmaster

Hello.

Well done to have got to this stage... i think this is the most difficult part...now you can show f2f what you are made of !... the experience day that will be held in february will be different from that of other corporate companies... it will be a series of quick interviews with managers, and a team exercise for what i recall.. My only reccomendation is BE YOURSELF, show with examples how you are customer obsessed and your innovative thinking.. i hope you will have the opportunity to join us next year in this unique programme that gives you real responsibilities, senior management exposure, and great development !!!

cheers

TFM

• 17 March 2010 - 12:10pm
    • richard_007

Hey, I got a missed call yesterday from an unknown number around 2pm with no voicemail then got another call with a message saying they'll call back later, which they did around 30 mins later. Good luck today!

• 17 March 2010 - 11:21am
    • racheljessca

It was a private number that called to let me know that I was successful if that helps...

• 17 March 2010 - 1:48am
    • guvna

I received a missed call from a private number today at about 1 o clock ( I attended morning assessment centre on the 15th). However, I haven't received an e-mail or a further call today.... Could it have been Vodafone? Does anyone know if they are letting people know if they are unsuccessful yet?

• 17 March 2010 - 11:40am
      • Zowita

The only thing I know is that I missed their call 3 times untill they evntually got hold of me. So they are quit persistant! Good Luck!

• 16 March 2010 - 6:39pm
    • shiningstarsss

• 16 March 2010 - 6:38pm
    • shiningstarsss

I have created a group called vodafone graduates! anyone that has gotten accepted...please join!!!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 5:40pm
    • racheljessca

I went yesterday and I got the phonecall around 1pm today. Maybe successful candidates should all join a facebook group together to get to know eachother a little?

• 16 March 2010 - 3:37pm
    • MWoo

I went yesterday (15th)... anyone from that day heard yet?!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:19pm
    • shiningstarsss

Zowita - Same here! Well I'm not sure if we were allowed to reveal that either!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:19pm
    • shiningstarsss

Zowita - Same here! Well I'm not sure if we were allowed to reveal that either!!!!

• 16 March 2010 - 1:05pm
    • Zowita

Yes!! :-) I heard a while back but they ask you not to say anything until today :D

• 16 March 2010 - 1:04pm
    • Zowita

Yes!! :-) I heard a while back but they ask you not to say anything until today :D

• 16 March 2010 - 12:20pm
    • firm

Anyone else from yesterday's Experience Day heard back yet then?

There were some really strong calibre graduates so it'd be great to hear of other people's progress.

• 16 March 2010 - 11:58am
    • shiningstarsss

yes yes :-)

• 16 March 2010 - 11:11am
    • firm

yes :-)

• 16 March 2010 - 10:56am
    • prat111

Has anyone heard back yet from Vodafone,..now that everyone's done n dusted with their Experience Days.. ?

• 14 March 2010 - 9:17pm
    • pancho

Hi shiningstarsss,

Many thanks for your quick response.

• 14 March 2010 - 8:59pm
    • shiningstarsss

Hi pancho

no it's not possible to claim travel expenses...

• 14 March 2010 - 8:22pm
    • pancho

Hey,

Those of you who have attended- is it possible to claim travel expenses to the experience day?

Thanks,

Pancho

• 10 March 2010 - 9:29am
    • thefmaster

send it again and bring it since it's very important....the whole day is approx 5 hrs

• 9 March 2010 - 10:38pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Guys,

Can anyone who's been at the Experience Day give a rough estimate as to the timeframe for the day ie how long were the interviews and group activities approx? Got an email today asking me to bring my Candidate Verification Forms in on the day or email them but I already sent them the day after I found out I had the interview?

Cheers :-)

• 9 March 2010 - 8:11pm
    • JoeB

Also, I was in a shirt and tie with no jacket and felt absolutely fine. If I'm honest I thought that people turned out smarter than what I was expecting.

• 9 March 2010 - 10:16pm
      • rebelette

I'd be interested to hear what the girls were wearing....its too easy for guys, formal = tie... less formal = no tie!

• 9 March 2010 - 3:11pm
    • 2010grad

has any one had an offer from Vodafone as of yet?

• 9 March 2010 - 10:49am
    • shiningstarsss

there are so many candidates...they probably in the process of calling everyone...oh another one week of waiting!

• 9 March 2010 - 10:36am
    • thefmaster

no call received..

• 9 March 2010 - 12:28am
    • shiningstarsss

hi egyptianlover!

i was there on 3rd march but for the 1.30 session...i agree with you - wear what gets you in the best frame of mind. i was only sharing what my experience was from speaking to a few guys that day. also, the vodafone representative that called me to provide information about the day specifically mentioned "do not wear a suit!". so i thought i would share it with others as well!

@ firm - read the email that was sent to you. all you do on that day is in the email. no tests or any of that stuff. just group exercise and interview!

@ rebelette - any other advice? just be yourself! enjoy the day! prepare well for competency based questions. eat well before you get there. there'll be a lot of standing up, socializing, talking, moving around. it's important your energy level doesn't go down.

i guess we all will know on wednesday who got through and who didn't!

take care

• 9 March 2010 - 10:25am
      • Needabreak

Did anyone else get a phone call saying they would not hear on Wednesday 10th as Vodafone needed to see everyone first so the date has been pushed back to Tuesday 16th?

• 9 March 2010 - 8:09pm
        • JoeB

Hey Needabreak

I was on the morning experience of the 3rd and got a phonecall on Monday saying exactly that - My heart was pumping I'll tell you that for free! We'll have to wait and see I guess...

• 8 March 2010 - 10:28pm
    • egyptianlover

I was there on the morning of 3 March, and the majority of the guys were in suits with open neck shirts. We didn't look out of place.
    Just wear what you feel most comfortable in, and what gets you in the best frame of mind for your interview - whether that be a suit or jeans/shirt it doesn't matter.

Has anyone from the days on the 3rd got any news yet?

• 8 March 2010 - 9:51pm
    • firm

Those who had you assessment last week,

Did you have any psychometric testing to do?
    Did you have to re-do the logical tests that we did in the preliminary stages of the application?
    Any numeracy or verbal reasoning tests?

And thanks for sharing your advise on the dress code etc. Helpful indeed.

• 8 March 2010 - 8:12pm
    • shiningstarsss

All of you attending the upcoming Vodafone experience day...about the dress code, you honestly would feel more comfortable if you did not wear a suit. Vodafone's work culture is more relaxed and informal and you will see that when you get there. None of the assessors or Vodafone employees will be wearing a suit...My advice to you would be just to wear nice dark pants and a nice shirt...don't wear a suit...I think people that wore suits on my experience day felt slightly out of place...

• 8 March 2010 - 9:56pm
      • rebelette

thank you so much for the dresscode advice....was gonna wear a suit but now i probably wont!

do any of you that have done the experience have any other general tips to offer?

just sent you a private message there shuilleabhan!

• 8 March 2010 - 7:49pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hey Rebelette,

Im flying over on Sunday from Cork to Heathrow, should be in Newbury by about 5.30. Haven't booked accommodation yet, what's the name of the one your staying in? Sounds good that they have bus stop outside. I'l be getting the 18.00 flight back from Heathrow after the experience day. Would be great if you'd like to meet up in Newbury on the Sunday?

• 8 March 2010 - 7:11pm
    • ericadoddato

hi Rebelette,

there is really no need to be too formal. I wore a pair of black trousers, a shirt and a sweater. The people from Vodafone were really friendly and nice, nothing was formal that day (I attended the Exp. Day on the 5th)
    Anyway if you want to wear a suit, it's ok too, a pair of guys were wearing it.
    Good luck for the day!
    Erica

• 7 March 2010 - 3:38pm
    • Zowita

thanks erica!!
    thats great I wasn't sure if it was something important or not!

• 7 March 2010 - 2:46pm
    • thefmaster

that's right...all europeans can work in the uk with no visa...i however wonder why most of the applicats are already living in the uk and very few "foreigner" have shown up...

• 7 March 2010 - 2:23pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Guys,

Im an Irish resident so it does not matter if you live in another country as long as it is within the EU. I'd imagine they require proof of address for the security checks they carry out as part of the recruitment process. Under EU law they cannot discriminate between people resident in the UK or anywhere else in the EU.

• 8 March 2010 - 3:28pm
      • rebelette

Hi Shuilleabhán!
      I'm also heading to Newbury from Ireland to attend the Experience Day on the morning of March 15th... How are you travelling? Did you sort accommodation? I've booked into a B&B that has a Vodafone bus stop across from it. I'd love to hear some feedback from the other people about dresscode etc? I'm thinking of staying pretty formal despite what they said.

• 7 March 2010 - 1:36pm
    • shiningstarsss

hey ericadoddato
    you are right...they require you have at least a work permit that is valid for one year...they do not sponsor visas for the graduate programme

did you attend the experience day on the 3rd?

• 7 March 2010 - 1:02pm
    • ericadoddato

I don't know precisely how it works, I only know that you need to prove you reside here in the UK, maybe because they can't accept people without a valid permit...

• 7 March 2010 - 12:52pm
    • thefmaster

so only people studying or already living in the uk could apply?? it seems strange for an int'l company such as vodafone...what if you lived in italy?? you wouldn't be able to partecipate?? you can always tranfer to newbury if you get the job!

• 7 March 2010 - 12:37pm
    • ericadoddato

I am Italian but i've been living here in London from September. They require you to live here in order to apply, for what I know, that's why they ask you to provide a proof of address.

• 7 March 2010 - 12:22pm
    • thefmaster

Erica you are italian living in the uk or in italy? because to me it seems like all the applicants are studying in the Uk.......no int'l coming from abroad....

• 7 March 2010 - 12:05pm
    • ericadoddato

Hi Zowita,

do not worry! It was just a pre-recorded message from the graduate manager. She thanked us for participating, said that they were really impressed by our CV, that they will be reviewing our performance this week and they'll get in touch within the end of next week.
    Ciao!
    Erica

• 7 March 2010 - 11:56am
    • Zowita

Hi Everyone,

I attened the experience day on the 5th and while I was on my way home recieved a call from vodafone saying that I had to press one to hear a message at which point my network cut out! Did anyone else recieve this call and know what it was about?

Thanks

• 7 March 2010 - 11:56am
    • Zowita

Hi Everyone,

I attened the experience day on the 5th and while I was on my way home recieved a call from vodafone saying that I had to press one to hear a message at which point my network cut out! Did anyone else recieve this call and know what it was about?

Thanks

• 6 March 2010 - 12:28am
    • shiningstarsss

it's a rotational role, so you get to try out different areas...the two projects will be in different areas, whatever is available i guess...they try to put you in your top choices but if that is not available, you will have to be flexible...that is what they told us at the experience day!

• 5 March 2010 - 11:44pm
    • thefmaster

but the two 5 months project are in the same department (mtkg, HR) or in different depts?

thx a lot!

• 5 March 2010 - 11:37pm
    • hazihaz

Thanks for the correction :)

I dont know how its going to be like working for vodafone to be honest without going for the experience day but if you ask me from the two (aldi and accenture) Id say accenture because its a really good firm but so is aldi and vodafone

• 5 March 2010 - 11:30pm
    • shiningstarsss

hazihaz...you have been offered a place at aldi and accenture?? so which are you keen on? vodafone, aldi or accenture?

just a point of correction...it's 2 months at retail store...and then 5 months each on a project...

• 5 March 2010 - 11:21pm
    • hazihaz

U start of with retail (working in a store) for 3 months I think and you have 3 placements for 3 months each.. After a year they either keep you or tell you to leave...

Yes it was the aldi UK graduate program..

• 5 March 2010 - 11:16pm
    • thefmaster

thank yuo for the precious clarification...in this programme are we moving cross-functionally in the second and third stage or we stay in the same function and just change team?

thx guys!!

P.S.

The aldi uk graduate programme was it??? yes it was 40k!

• 5 March 2010 - 11:01pm
    • hazihaz

HI Guys..

Keep the posts coming..

FOR user "the master".. if your earning.. lets say £25,000 per annum, the first £6,475 is tax free..
    so your taxable income will be £18,525.. Tax band if 20% (30% if ur taxable income is over £37,400)
    £18,585 * 20% = £3,705 (TAX)
    Net Income £25,000 - £3705 = £21,295 that works out about to be £1770 per month..

I been offered a place at aldi and accenture I think they said their starting salary is £40K is that correct and at ...?

My vodafone interview is not till 15th ..! Cant wait...

Btw those ppl who have been to the experience day can you give us any sort of tips if you dont mind :)

Thanks

• 5 March 2010 - 10:43pm
    • thefmaster

ok thanks!!! do you know what is the tax brakets in uk? 20%

• 5 March 2010 - 7:30pm
    • damani

leona!!!! what knowledge! not sharing nuffin..dey'l have 2 xperience it themselves...lol..proud of u too and yh...real nervous to hear back!

• 5 March 2010 - 6:33pm
    • shiningstarsss

damani - i can see you sharing your knowledge and experiences!!! keep it up gurl proud of you!!! how you doing...feeling excited or nervous to hear back??

• 5 March 2010 - 6:10pm
    • damani

yh shul.... i really enjoyed the day... i really dnt know how they chose buh we were all 30 in my session and its just like it is in the email sent to u...interviews and team challenge....just be urself and u'll have fun!!!!!

hi thefmaster, are u kidding me? 25,000 is a really good start considering u mait not have a enough wrk experience..banks and other graduate schemes offer btw 20,000 and 28,000. and asides that its not really about the money or is it? u shud be genuinely interested in wrking for a big company and gaining the experience which will be second to none....when u'll be taxed, u shud still have about 20,000 if not more.....

• 5 March 2010 - 5:38pm
    • thefmaster

Hey guys!

hope you are getting ready for your experiences!!!

i wanted to ask you smtg about the programme..

is 25k good for an initial graduate position in the uk? what are the taxes in the uk? what is it likely that we get of these 25k net? 20k??

any help is great

cheers

TFM

• 5 March 2010 - 4:31pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Thanks damani,

Hope the day went well for you! I'l put on my shopping hat!!
    Is there any method as to how they put the groups of candidates together on the different days or is it completely random? Did you enjoy the day?

Cheers!

• 5 March 2010 - 3:54pm
    • damani

its just 150 candidates.....and nic the graduate manager told us that...and out of each 30 sessions, they will be picking one in every three...which means only 10 candidates will be successful in each session because there are just 50 spaces available........well as for the dress code its smart.....u dnt have to wear a suit..but look smart. a shirt and smart trousers will do..
    success!!!!!!!

• 5 March 2010 - 2:10pm
    • Shuilleabhan

I think there is 2 sessions on the 15th also, so Im still coming up with 180 candidates overall..
    Were most people dressed corporate ie suited and booted or was it less formal? Cant decide on what to wear - story of my life lol!

Cheers :-)

• 4 March 2010 - 8:40pm
    • shiningstarsss

hazihaz i'm all about helping, that's why i came here in the first place! to get help and give help! read my previous posts again and put yourself in the shoes of those who went in on day one. let's leave it fair for everyone! we can discuss further after all the assessments have taken place! i'm sure that would be helpful to those who take the assessment next year!

they will let us know by wednesday if we got through...(well at least those of us that went for the assessment on wednesday)

good luck :)

• 4 March 2010 - 8:17pm
    • hazihaz

hi leonalewis

Im sure you can tell us what they got you to do during the experience day as a way of helping,.. Thats what these forums are about...

When did they say they will get back to you with the offer.

Cheers :)

• 4 March 2010 - 5:41pm
    • shiningstarsss

kosover - the experience day is the final stage.
    Shuilleabhan - the last day could be just one session! making that 150 students in total

• 4 March 2010 - 5:38pm
    • kosover

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any more interviews after experience days?

• 4 March 2010 - 3:16pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Thanks for the info!
    I thought that it was down to the final 150 - but 60 a day and from what I know 3 days, that would mean there is 180 candidates. Will keep my fingers crossed for everyone on the forum!

• 4 March 2010 - 2:11pm
    • shiningstarsss

well one session was at 8.45am and the other session was at 1.30...so they have about 10 hours to interview 60 people...there were 30 interviewers! so 2 interviews per interviewer...not too bad! enjoy the campus tour! it's a beautiful campus

• 4 March 2010 - 2:01pm
    • kosover

60 people are quiet a lot. I can't imagine how they can do 60 face 2 face interviews in a half day...

• 4 March 2010 - 12:32pm
    • shiningstarsss

30 people in each session, 2 sessions a day :)
    any other questions? i don't mind your questions!

• 4 March 2010 - 12:01pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Thanks leonalewis!

OMG, thats some amount of traveling on the one day! You must be wrecked!

Was there 60 candidates for the whole day or just in your session alone? I promise il stop asking questions now! lol!

• 4 March 2010 - 11:38am
    • shiningstarsss

oh sorry forgot to answer your other question...they said they would let us know within the week! thats all they told us
    good luck and let me know if you have any other questions that are not specific to the assessment itself!

• 4 March 2010 - 11:37am
    • shiningstarsss

i did not end up staying at the hotel as it was turning out to be too expensive...all the cheap rooms were gone...so i travelled 5 hours the same day and 5 hours back after the assessment! you will not need a taxi from the train station to the headquarters...vodafone has buses running every 10 mins or so from the station...just wait and a vodafone person (wearing red) will come find you at the station and take you back! it's all very well planned!
    just enjoy your day, really!

• 4 March 2010 - 11:27am
    • Shuilleabhan

Hey leonialewis,

Hope your day went well for you!

Just wondering how the hotel was and how much taxi from hotel to the Vodafone HQ was approx! Will you have to wait untill all the assessment days are over until you find out how you got on?

Thanks!

• 4 March 2010 - 11:05am
    • shiningstarsss

the experience day started at 1.30 and we got done at 6pm...a very very long day...take enough snacks and food with you...

• 4 March 2010 - 10:35am
    • ericadoddato

Hi leonalewis,

I understand your point. Can you just tell me how long the exp. day was? According to what they told me, it should last for 3-4 hours.
    Thanks!
    Erica

• 4 March 2010 - 7:38am
    • Lai85

Hey! Will be in Newbury today around 3-4pm... if anyone wants to hang out before tomorrow's day and get to know one another send me a facebook msg to Luigi Alessandro Isoletti. Cheers!

• 4 March 2010 - 12:29am
    • shiningstarsss

kosover
    i attended the assessment center today along with about 60 other graduates. i do not think it will be fair on any of us if i shared our experiences with you. we could discuss this after all the assessments have taken place. but as of now, it just won't be fair on any of us who went in with no idea of what to expect.
    that being said, it was a fantastic day. thoroughly enjoyable and fun. very different from other assessment centers. have a great time and i hope you understand why i do not want to disclose details about the day.

• 3 March 2010 - 1:58pm
    • kosover

Could someone has had interview today to share the experiences? Thanks a lot!

• 1 March 2010 - 6:16pm
    • damani

i got a call today telling me that there will be free bus available at the station before 1.30 on wed so i guess i need not to worry!

• 1 March 2010 - 8:54am
    • thefmaster

dear all,

I just wanted to point out that there should be free bus from newbur railway station to Vodafone HQ. I am trying to see if it will be operating during our experience days and their time schedule...if anybody knows anything please point out.

cheers!

• 28 February 2010 - 2:22pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Brill thanks leonalewis.

I haven't really done a whole lot yet - my interviews not for another 2 weeks - Il just go over common interview questions, read up on the company, go over their price plans and Vodafone 360, go over my CV and work history, thats all I can really think of! Never been to an assessment centre before so just a bit apprehensive of the 'unknown'!

• 28 February 2010 - 2:13pm
    • shiningstarsss

Hi Shuillebhan! This is the link for you - http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hilton-newbury-north.html?sid=96e489d30c29b06421e367d1721aa62d

Yes I have been to an assessment centre before, in fact quite recently! I was at the Siemens Grad Scheme Assessment centre...how is your preparation going?

• 28 February 2010 - 2:02pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Thanks leonalewis!

Is that the Hilton Centre? I noticed there are 2. Hows your prep going for the day - have you attended assessment days before?

• 28 February 2010 - 1:48pm
    • shiningstarsss

Hey Shuilleabhan! I am also staying the night before...the Hilton nearby is for about 35pounds per night! Do check it out...

I think the interviews will be definitely one-on-one!

• 28 February 2010 - 1:42pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Anyone attending the Experience Day on the 15th in the morning?
    Im from Ireland, will most of you guys be staying overnight in Newbury? - Im trying to choose a hotel. Do we know if the interviews are group interviews or one on one?

• 28 February 2010 - 1:40pm
    • thefmaster

damani are you also at 13:30 or 8:45?

• 28 February 2010 - 2:02pm
      • damani

mine is 13.30

• 28 February 2010 - 1:04pm
    • damani

hey leona what dept did u apply for?

• 28 February 2010 - 1:03pm
    • thefmaster

what dept did you apply for?

• 28 February 2010 - 12:45pm
    • shiningstarsss

hey guys i'm going to be there on the 3rd at 13.30! anyone else at that time?

• 28 February 2010 - 12:39pm
    • thefmaster

what depts did you apply for? so to understand may be on the 3rd who would be attending....

• 28 February 2010 - 1:03pm
      • damani

obviously retail which is compulsory for everyone, and finance....cnt remember the last one..i fink sales

• 28 February 2010 - 12:29pm
    • damani

nice......pls i really wanna know who else is attending the experience day on Wednesday 3rd of march!

• 28 February 2010 - 12:03pm
    • ericadoddato

I am from Italy:)
    Erica

• 28 February 2010 - 11:48am
    • damani

well i really dnt know about the applicants. vodafone has a wide international presence and i believe that wouldnt be a problem even if u are from space.....

• 28 February 2010 - 11:36am
    • thefmaster

that's good...I wonder how many UK applicants and non-uk applicants are there...I am from greece...are you all uk citizens??

• 28 February 2010 - 11:10am
    • damani

when the lady called me, she told me no tshirts and jeans so that means a shirt and trousers....u necessarily dnt have to wear a suit buh what does it cost u to wear a suit. its better safe than not.....u want a job, do everything u can to get it....

and yes, this is the last step of the recruitment process!

• 28 February 2010 - 9:52am
    • thefmaster

Guys..another question that popped out in my mind this morning....is this the last step in the recruitment process or there are some further steps (i.e. f2f interview)?

thx

• 28 February 2010 - 12:27am
    • thefmaster

what you mean by dressing corporate? black suit and white shirt?

• 27 February 2010 - 3:05pm
    • damani

hi guys, seems no1 is for the 3rd of march...mine is 3rd of march and i really dnt know what to expect. one thing is for sure, i am dressing corporate. interviewers score for dress code and i am ready to earn points for that!

• 27 February 2010 - 12:36pm
    • thefmaster

thank you erica! any other suggestions will be highly appreciated!

• 27 February 2010 - 10:25am
    • thefmaster

hi everybody!

I'm also in the experience days on the 5th at 8.45.

I applied for finance/strategy/mktg

I would like to ask you a couple of things...

by dress smart what you think they mean??? for assessment center usually I dress up with a white shirt and gray suit...would it be too much?? they expect us to go there just with jeans and shirt?

do you think there will be logic/math tests or just interview and cases?

for the interview how are you preparing your self? i am getting ready by saying why i chosed vodafone and this programme and not the one of orange for example...what about you??

any feedback will be highly appreciated!

cheers

TFM

• 27 February 2010 - 12:18pm
      • ericadoddato

Hi!
      I am also on the 5th at 8.45!
      I applied for a Marketing position mainly. The woman from HR who called me told me not to dress with a suit. She told me that it is sufficient to dress with black jeans and a nice sweater, anyway I don't think that if you dress elegant it will be a problem.
      I don't think there will be logic/math tests, I think there will be only individual interviews and group exercises. I just wonder how technical they will be.
      For the interview I think I'll check the news about Vodafone, and prepare for questions like "Why do you want to work here/what do you expect/why a graduate programme/what do you think you can add to the company etc."
      Hope this feedback helped a little bit!
      See you there,

Erica

• 26 February 2010 - 11:56pm
    • hazihaz

I applied to Finance/Marketing/Strategic.

All I been told is a group exercise, interview and tour around the building by one of HR people when he called up just to confirm I was coming.

It is expected to last max 5hrs I Think.

• 25 February 2010 - 10:38pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Kosover,

The departments I asked for are Legal/Property/HR respectively, but I said I would be interested in other areas in the company also. Hows your prep going for the Experience Day?

• 25 February 2010 - 9:03pm
    • kosover

Hi, Hazihaz and those whose interview are in 15th Mar. I am wondering what roles you applied for?
    My interview is in 5th Mar and I am applying Marketing position. I just want to see whether two interviews date are for ppl who apply different roles.

• kosover

Hi, Hazihaz and those whose interview are in 15th Mar. I am wondering what roles you applied for?
    My interview is in 5th Mar and I am applying Marketing position. I just want to see whether two interviews date are for ppl who apply different roles.

• kosover

• kosover

• kosover

• 24 February 2010 - 3:03pm
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Hazihaz,

Mine is on in the morning. Did HR give you any further insight into the day other than whats up here already?

My background is Telecommunications/Retail/Property/Law....

Best of Luck Everyone!!

• 24 February 2010 - 11:31am
    • hazihaz

I had some one from HR who told me what they day is likely to be and how you should dress up (smart but not too formal)

Shuilleabhan: What time is your experience day on 15th.. Mines in the afternoon.

• 24 February 2010 - 12:35pm
      • ericadoddato

Hi hazihaz,

may I ask you what they told you about the day? What is it likely to be?

Thanks

Erica

• 23 February 2010 - 11:33am
    • ericadoddato

Hi!

I'll be attending the Experience Day on March 5, with two of you guys! I have no idea what they will ask us... I've only been told to dress smart but not with a suit and that it will last for half a day. I have to be there at 8.45 am... what about you? How will you prepare for the day? Have you experienced something similar? My background is management, I worked for some media companies so this sounds a little bit new to me too.
    Looking forward to meeting you!
    Erica

• 23 February 2010 - 11:31am
    • ericadoddato

Hi!

I'll be attending the Experience Day on March 5, with two of you guys! I have no idea what they will ask us... I've only been told to dress smart but not with a suit and that it will last for half a day. I have to be there at 8.45 am... what about you? How will you prepare for the day? Have you experienced something similar? My background is management, I worked for some media companies so this sounds a little bit new to me too.
    Looking forward to meeting you!
    Erica

• 22 February 2010 - 11:17pm
    • Lai85

Hi all,

I will be joining for the Experience Day on March 5. My background is marketing and investment banking - I realize that sounds a bit out there. Anyways, looking forward to meeting new faces and maybe working together soon.

All the best,
    Luigi

• 22 February 2010 - 10:58am
    • Shuilleabhan

Hi Guys,

I've also been invited to the 'Experience Day' - mine is on the 15th. All the information I've gotten is that there will be an interview and a group activity, I assume there will be a presentation by vodafone to give us some insight into the company, thats just my opinion though! Do you guys mind me asking what kind of backgrounds ye have ie.. retail etc?

Thanks!

• 20 February 2010 - 6:45pm
    • hazihaz

Mines on the 15th

Will you do me a favor and let me know what the ask you etc please?

Thanks

• 20 February 2010 - 2:43pm
    • kosover

It is on 5th March? How about yours ?

• 20 February 2010 - 10:03am
    • hazihaz

All I been told is that there will be an Interview, a group task and some other stuff which they have not mentioned.

Is your on like mid March? What time

Cheers :)

• 19 February 2010 - 8:57pm
    • kosover

Hi, I am attending the experience day. Any idea what we are going to do?