KPMG Kenya Graduate Recruitment 2009

20 May 2009 - 11:23am
Vericity

As there's little on the site regarding the application process for the KPMG Kenya (East Africa) recruitment process, I will post my experiences here hopefully for posterity. I have been contacted by KPMG Kenya and invited to write an aptitude test on 23 May 2009 at Nairobi. Right now I am just preparing for the same. Since I work with PKF during the day and I am still studying fior my bar exam as well as the June ACCA exams I am preparing over my lunch hour. I don't know how the test will be set out but once I write it, I'll post my experiences here. The recruitment process here might be a bit different from that in Europe or other countries. Tell you how it goes. Anyone else writing the same is most invited to share their experiences.

Latest comments

• 17 July 2009 - 6:10am
    • koi

I will discuss the group assessment stage as I experienced when I attended the exercise a month ago. Basically, recruits are arranged in groups of ten and each group is invited for a 30 minute brainstorming session. The group is given a task such as an event to plan and a problem which should be factored into the planning, such as a delay in supply of services. The assessors are situated around the room and assess the performance of the recruits as far as participation and teamwork goes as well as the creativity and originality of the individual's ideas. Thereafter, one group member presents the group's final agenda to the entire group of recruits and assessors. The key is proper time management as there is a time constraint and recruits run the risk of running out of time as they discuss the issues presented. Participation is also crucial but one has to strike a delicate balance so as not to be domineering and overshadow other group members.

• 10 June 2009 - 11:51am
    • Vericity

Good news on the aptitude test front. I was informed last friday that I had passed the aptitude test and would be proceeding to the Group Assessment stage. The notification was vide SMS so if you get an SMS telling you the same do not think that it is a hoax.

Today I attended the Group assessment but since they are still going on, I'll post the details later to avoid giving anyone an undue advantage ;-)

• 10 June 2010 - 11:25am
    • cisageek2010

hey, hope you get this in time, am sitting for the KPMG aptitude test this saturday June 12, any pointers etc

• 10 June 2009 - 11:51am
    • Vericity

Good news on the aptitude test front. I was informed last friday that I had passed the aptitude test and would be proceeding to the Group Assessment stage. The notification was vide SMS so if you get an SMS telling you the same do not think that it is a hoax.

Today I attended the Group assessment but since they are still going on, I'll post the details later to avoid giving anyone an undue advantage ;-)

• 29 May 2009 - 2:03pm
    • Vericity

I attended the aptitude test. It was in two sessions. The first session was the usual aptitude test but this was the hardest that I have written so far. There were three sections i.e Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning and critical reasoning. The verbal reasoning section contained some vocabularies for us to elucidate (30 Qs) the numerical section contained 30 Qs while the Critical reasoning contained some 10 problems. The critical reasoning part was the last and it had 10 questions bringing the total number of questions to 70. The time allowed to complete the test was exactly 1 hour so needless to say, I did not answer all of the questions.

The second test was problem based and it contained 3 Qs each of which was a passage about a business (fictitious, of course :P) and you were supposed to read it in a minute, define the problem being faced by the business in 3 minutes and list possible solutions in 5 minutes and then rate these solutions according to a risk, effectiveness and ease of implementation. you were also supposed to indicate which of the solutions you thought was most effective. I enjoyed this test as it allowed me to think outside the box.

Nonetheless, we'll see how it goes in two weeks time. Fingers crossed

• 20 May 2009 - 2:59pm

This will be facinating - WikiJob will follow this very closely and create a wiki page for "KPMG Kenya" also.

Thanks so much - and good luck!