Gazprom Graduate Programme 2012

17 January 2012 - 2:52am
Oukka

Who applied? Have you guys heard back? What programme?

Latest comments

• 7 May 2014 - 3:43pm
    • RajulAlam

Hey guys, has anyone applied to Commercial and Front Office analytic 2014 graduate scheme in London or Singapore. Thanks!

• 1 March 2014 - 1:29pm
    • lalal

Guys, what was there on the assessment center? What kind of tasks did you have?

• 26 February 2014 - 10:27am
    • aaa.bbb

Has anyone heard back after the AC's?

• 26 February 2014 - 1:47pm
      • joebonny

Were there any girls at your AC? As in your PM, we should hear Friday. I think there will be another round after the AC. 32 to 3 is just slaughter.

• 18 February 2014 - 10:12pm
    • joebonny

I thought they were self assured and confident enough not to come on here asking for feedback!!

• 18 February 2014 - 9:52pm
    • rh122

What did you think of last years grads?

• 17 February 2014 - 9:38pm
    • joebonny

It's 16 +16 people fighting for 3-4 positions... So like a 9% change of making it. Too competitive, this is one for the drawer. Everyone will be advised by Friday next week.

• 17 February 2014 - 9:10pm
    • jekkkaaa

i am out then((

• 17 February 2014 - 6:49pm
    • joebonny

Just an update, if you haven't heard of the next AC for FO this Friday, you're out

• 12 February 2014 - 9:23pm
    • jekkkaaa

@joebonny have u been invited for the AC on 17th of february?

• 13 February 2014 - 1:06pm
      • joebonny

Yup

• 12 February 2014 - 1:20pm
    • jekkkaaa

anyone invited to AC?

• 12 February 2014 - 8:59pm
      • joebonny

17th?

• 6 February 2014 - 6:39pm
    • joebonny

Anyone with news???

• 23 January 2014 - 9:15am
    • rh122

AC tend to be Feb/March guys, followed by a final interview if you are successful a few weeks later.

• 17 January 2014 - 12:59pm
    • joebonny

Any updates from anyone?

• 7 January 2014 - 7:44pm
    • joebonny

Thanks, had phone interview about a month ago. Applied to FO

• 3 January 2014 - 5:51pm
    • aaa.bbb

Also, what programme did you apply for?

• 3 January 2014 - 5:51pm
    • aaa.bbb

Congrats! When did you have your phone interview? I had mine a few days ago, no response yet.

• 3 January 2014 - 5:26pm
    • joebonny

Passed telephone interview. App forwarded to the hiring manager. ACs in feb or march

• 30 December 2013 - 12:58pm
    • aaa.bbb

I just got invited to a telephone interview for a front office analytics programme. If anyone could share any tips/suggestions, I would appreciate!

• 30 December 2013 - 5:04pm
      • graduatejobhunt

When did you find out that you were invited to a telephone interview?

• 30 December 2013 - 1:12pm
      • joebonny

Hey, you will only be asked about whats on the email. To remain anonymous change your username!! Checked you out on linkedin

• 10 December 2013 - 5:09pm
    • joebonny

anyone been invited to interviews yet?

• 13 December 2013 - 11:31am
      • stock05

Apparently they plan to commence the interview stage this month and into the new year! Now waiting for a specific interview date...anyone done it yet and if so, how was it??

• 13 December 2013 - 12:41pm
        • joebonny

hi stock, have you made it through to the telephone interview stage? what did you apply for?

• 13 December 2013 - 12:41pm
        • joebonny

hi stock, have you made it through to the telephone interview stage? what did you apply for?

• 2 December 2013 - 8:32pm
    • graduatejobhunt

Anyone else receive an e-mail to say they were having issues with their online testing and still waiting to hear back?

• 28 November 2013 - 12:13am
    • magicznawyspa

Hi stock05, just did the tests but I dont feel very comfortable after taking it, numerical ok, but verbal and especially diagrammatical was tough, what about you? Anyone aware how much u need to have to pass?

• 27 November 2013 - 6:35pm
    • stock05

Hi guys, just starting the application process for 2014 intake. Anyone applied yet and what roles have you applied for? I understand they like to take their time but I'm willing to wait :D...also, any advice from previous applicants of what it takes to get that final offer?

• 28 November 2013 - 12:16am
      • magicznawyspa

Hi stock05, just did the tests but I dont feel very comfortable after taking it, numerical ok, but verbal and especially diagrammatical was tough, what about you? Anyone aware how much u need to have to pass?

• 8 December 2013 - 11:55pm
        • stock05

Hello magicznawyspa! Are you still waiting to hear back since taking the tests?....I just recently completed mine and I am now waiting for round 2! Would be great if they gave us our test results and some feedback!

• 9 December 2013 - 10:28am
          • joebonny

Hey, how did you find the tests? What did you apply to? Front office here. Any idea when we will hear back?

• 14 April 2013 - 4:15pm
    • nad.buhova

sorry for the numerous posts. i have a weird connection

• 14 April 2013 - 4:12pm
    • nad.buhova

Hi,

has any1 heard back from the telephone interviews? They do not even respond to e-mails. Has any1 applied for Project Management?

Thanks

• 14 April 2013 - 4:11pm
    • nad.buhova

Hi,

has any1 heard back from the telephone interviews? They do not even respond to e-mails. Has any1 applied for Project Management?

Thanks

• 14 April 2013 - 4:11pm
    • nad.buhova

Hi,

Thanks

• 26 February 2013 - 12:28pm
    • highfiveswandive

Mine was Economics and Strategy, still haven't heard back but don't think mine went that well.

• 19 February 2013 - 10:37pm
    • rh122

Mine was Oil.

• 18 February 2013 - 4:05pm
    • rh122

Has anyone heard back from the AC held 14/2/2013?

• 19 February 2013 - 8:04pm
      • atoz

what roles were the AC for that you attended?

• 29 January 2013 - 7:40pm
    • highfiveswandive

Has anyone heard back from the telephone interview yet for front office analytics?

• highfiveswandive

Has anyone heard back from the telephone interview yet for front office analytics?

• highfiveswandive

• 29 January 2013 - 7:39pm
    • highfiveswandive

• highfiveswandive

• highfiveswandive

• highfiveswandive

• 4 August 2012 - 3:55pm
    • AAA2012

Just post a update, they did not contact me as promised;

Unfortunately , after taking days off work travel from scotland to london for AC which only included 3 candidates for one position, I honestly don't understand how difficult it is to send a email just to inform a result... I am holding a job currently , got a new offer from a bank and on interview process with another top company in O&G industry ; so no need to wait for them.

Good luck for those who are still waiting for this company :)

• 3 August 2012 - 10:39am
    • elam0001

Hey guys,

This is my experience. The recruiter told me that they will get back to me in a week after my assessment center. They only got back to the ones they were hiring. So if you don't hear from them, it just means you did not get in!

• 1 August 2012 - 11:42pm

same as Hatish,

forget this company if they forget you... Recruitment team is awful in terms of respect for the candidates.

• 1 August 2012 - 5:21pm
    • HATISH

I had a telephone interview in like march. Got nothing back. Taking it as i aint passed but they should tell you. Does anybody have the number to contact their recruitment team?

• 1 August 2012 - 4:26pm
    • thesikh

Alright Mate,

When I try to ring them they blow me off.

I can never get through to a person, they are either "in a meeting" or when I ask for HR I get the HR voice mail.

Not sure what the deal is as the start date is 01/09/2012 which doesn't leave much time. Not unless they have told the successful candidates and left us lot hanging.

Kash

• 1 August 2012 - 3:48pm
    • AAA2012

just curious if anyone actually get a offer or rejection, I called them today since it has been a month now, they are quite friendly and professional saying it should not be the case, and i should receive email or a phone call very quickly after the interview.

however, nothing after a month, i am just looking for some feedback as i am having other assessment centres as well. They promise to call me by the end of the week, i will post some update.

ANYONE GOT ANYTHING, APPRECIATE TO SHARE WITH US, OR ME :) Thanks

• 27 July 2012 - 7:04pm
    • thesikh

Anyone heard anything? everyone I ring the hr manager is in a meeting and they won't reveal his name or number. Kash

• 27 July 2012 - 7:04pm
    • thesikh

Anyone heard anything? everyone I ring the hr manager is in a meeting and they won't reveal his name or number. Kash

• 17 July 2012 - 1:24pm
    • longjohnmal

hi AAA2012- have you heard from Gazprom yet?

• 17 July 2012 - 2:18pm
      • AAA2012

hey longjohnmal, 2 weeks exactly today, nothing yet; u got any news? what scheme you applied for?

• 10 July 2012 - 4:11pm
    • AAA2012

any one got offer yet ?

• 9 July 2012 - 11:32am
    • HATISH

Anyone know whats going on with the credit graduate programme. Must have done my telephone interview in March

• 8 July 2012 - 6:56pm
    • alphabet

Hi Guys/Girls,

Hope your AC's went well. Can anyone shed a little light on what the group exercise is like?

Thanks

• 29 June 2012 - 12:52pm
    • AAA2012

anyone got AC 3 July, compliance programme?

• 19 June 2012 - 6:37pm
    • Interrupted

thesikh, affirmative. Not impressed with the amount of information re AC though...

• 19 June 2012 - 10:25am
    • elam0001

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information regarding the AC?

Please share.

• 18 June 2012 - 10:33am
    • thesikh

Hi,

No you are not missing anything the AC specification document i got just mentioned the day is split into three parts, individual activity, group activity and then one2one interview.

The website just has a little more detail on the layout of the one2one interview phase, but no real insight.

Are you going for a finance/tax role?

• 18 June 2012 - 8:38am
    • Interrupted

thesikh, I am in exactly the same position. Also had telephone interview months ago and been contacted recently for AC on 4th July. There is not much information re AC anyway. Or I am missing some part in their website...?

• 16 June 2012 - 9:09pm
    • thesikh

Hey Guys

I am through to the AC stage for the finance/tax programme, got a email last thursday.
    The assessment day being on the 4th July, is anyone else on here joining me?

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the team activity revolving around the energy sector.

But just to let people know it took months for them to contact me after my telephone interview, I also emailed them twice during this time.

• 16 June 2012 - 2:07am
    • zinky

Hi guys, I just did the tests online for the compliance grad placement. Please share the salary level - it will be interesting to find out now because if its that wack i'll probably do something else.

• 13 June 2012 - 9:10pm
    • Interrupted

aabbccdd, whay is the salary that made you change your mind after all that you went through? I have AC with them in July... not sure if it is worth the travel though...

• 13 June 2012 - 6:59pm
    • aabbccddee

Not sure if anybody's interested in my input at this stage, but I was posting in this thread a while back. After my AC I was contacted maybe 6 to 8 weeks later (!) saying that they wanted me to come in and interview for a different role to the one I applied for. I booked my interview, but when I turned up they'd got the dates wrong and failed to tell me, so they sent me away and arranged another time. Annoying, because I'd booked time off work to do this...

I nearly withdrew my app at that point because I'd been pretty unimpressed with the process so far. However in their defence it's new to them, and they've expanded very rapidly; teething problems are to be expected. Anyway, I went in eventually, the interview went well and was invited back again to meet more members of the team in question... I then I withdrew my app because the salary isn't really worth it for the job I ended up being put forward for. Feel free to PM me if you want details of how much they pay etc.

Good luck to anybody still working their way through this slow, long process.

• 15 June 2012 - 2:55am
      • Johnc251

Hi has anyone attended the interview after the AC ? Please share your experience.

Thanks

• 8 June 2012 - 6:19pm

Hi everyone,

I did the telephone interview last week. I am waiting for the decision. Anyone is in a similar situation?

• 8 June 2012 - 9:40am

@mdbmt

thanks for your update, that may give us some hope.
    But february --> july. This is obviously not normal :)

• 7 June 2012 - 2:58pm
    • mdbmt

Hi everyone,

GM&T do take quite a long time to progess applications for some reason. I've just been invited to an assessment centre in july yet i actually did the telephone interview in february.

Keep plugging away and they get back to you.

• 6 June 2012 - 9:46am
    • HATISH

Anyone got an answer back regarding the telephone interviews?

@ sclm the tests are not SHL and are provided by Saville consulting. The tests are slightly easier if i must say than SHL, so good luck and hope you pass

• 29 May 2012 - 10:09pm
    • tom619

Looking at applying for the IT Grad scheme anyone else here applied for it?

• 29 May 2012 - 9:37pm
    • sclm

hi guys! Did any of you finally get any answer from HR? I've also applied for a graduate scheme for GM&T, but just recently. I am wondering who is a test provider for GM&T? as I understood so far it's not SHL and someone mentioned about Saville Consulting. I guess it's them who're providing with psychometric tests?

Thanks in advance and I would really appreciate any information regarding the tests!

Good luck all of you!

• 27 May 2012 - 12:01am

1)Tell me about someone who asked you to change your approach to do a thing: how did you react? did you change your mind? 2) Give me an example of a time when you helped someone who had to rely on you: how did you behave? What was your role in that occasion?

These are the only ones I wrote down after the interview.
    Break a leg!

• 27 May 2012 - 3:43pm
      • Phnx

Thanks mate! did they ask about the company and motivation? Some guys said they just asked questions based on the three competencies..

• 25 May 2012 - 2:56pm
    • uybert

Does anyone happen to know how much Gazprom is offering to graduates? Any idea?

• 23 May 2012 - 9:55am
    • HATISH

They must ask more than just the competency questions, because the interview is 30minutes long, which should indicate that there would be more to ask than just the 3 competency.

• 23 May 2012 - 10:06am
      • Oukka

That's what they asked and if you read this thread properly you would see that everyone was asked the same thing, regardless of stream.

• 23 May 2012 - 11:00am
        • HATISH

Fair enough Oukka. Have you been accepted? What scheme you going for

• 21 May 2012 - 4:23pm
    • HATISH

Any one on the Credit Graduate Programme?

• 21 May 2012 - 12:40pm
    • HATISH

Hey people,

I have a telephone interview soon. Seeing as most people have already completed this stage, anyone willing to share their experience?

I know its based on 3 competencies, but also on key skills needed to be successful in the role which I am not too sure of.

Would very much appreciate any help given.

Thanks

• 26 May 2012 - 4:17pm
      • Phnx

Hi, Hatish,

Can you please tell me your three competencies? And if you've finished the telephone interview, could you tell me the questions they asked? I applied for the internal audit role and will have a phone interview in 2 days.

Thank you very much and wish you all the best~

• 21 May 2012 - 2:43pm
      • Oukka

Hi Hatish,

You won't be asked about anything other than those three competencies. The questions are very standard. Don't worry.

P.S. I don't remember what my competencies were.

• 21 May 2012 - 3:03pm
        • HATISH

What stage are you up to? have u done AC? are you sure? nothing but the three competencies. I read above on the tread that there was like 2questions per competency.Is that how yours was?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for replying

• 28 April 2012 - 5:46am
    • Oukka

I still haven't heard back either. I'm guessing it's a rejection now has it's going to be two weeks. It's a real shame as I really liked Gazprom GM&T as a company (especially their culture).

• 27 April 2012 - 12:43pm
    • Commodities

So nobody has received an offer yet?

@n95 it was not for that position.

• 24 April 2012 - 4:01pm
    • Commodities

Anyone had final rOund for front office and heard back?

• 27 April 2012 - 9:29am
      • n95

did you have an interview? did you apply for trading capability program? i was under the assumption that tests were bering sent this/next wk?

• 28 April 2012 - 5:46am
        • Oukka

I didn't apply for the Trading Capability Program either.

• 23 April 2012 - 7:05pm
    • Xyan

Oukka, did you apply for Finance/Risk? If so, when did you get invited to the final round?

• 23 April 2012 - 6:28pm
    • Oukka

Very similar to AC.

• 22 April 2012 - 6:12pm
    • Commodities

How is the final round?

• 22 April 2012 - 5:32pm
    • Oukka

Any of you received offers after final rounds?

• 22 April 2012 - 12:52pm

@kris, thanks for the update

• 20 April 2012 - 1:31pm
    • fiksi

@Xyan
    You should always hope for the best, but move on and stay positive. At last, a period of unemployment is not that bad, unless it's for 5 years or so... one just has to find something to do and maybe add to cv. One mistake I have seen people w/o experience do is take on more courses and debt, and then end up with no job and pressing loans(one friend is in huge debt). It is important to find the weak spot and work on that.

• 20 April 2012 - 12:54pm
    • Xyan

Well, I am not counting on it but considering how I applied in November and had the AC in March, everything's possible...

• 20 April 2012 - 10:23am
    • Commodities

I think if you have not been rejected yet you are still in the frame. Stay positive ppl

• 19 April 2012 - 8:46pm
    • fiksi

@Xyan
    Yes, you are right... and other people say they've been sending emails, calling...nothing.

If I were you, I would not hope for much, my friends. For most companies, you get a quick answer if you pass... quickest I know is same day positive shortly after AC. This wait is way too long and something seems "off" here.

If you have other apps, pursue that, if not, find any job for income and wait until the next round. Sometimes it is just luck and many attempts. Also, you could consider jobs outside UK. Masters may be a waste of time in UK(very expensive also), pump your experience and polish cvs. I know all sorts of unemployed, even brilliant phds, masters etc. Good luck to all of you. It is not easy for anyone now...

• 19 April 2012 - 5:13pm
    • Xyan

OK, thanks. Could have emailed people and let us know though...

• 19 April 2012 - 3:09pm
    • kris12345

I spoke to the HR the other day, and basically he told me that they had to put on hold all the graduate recruitment process, for a couple of weeks as they do not know how many assessment centres they will be holding and therefore do not know how many people they can accomodate.

however i was assured that even if its a rejection they notify everyone of their outcome. he said we should hear back in 3-4 weeks.

hope that helps

• 18 April 2012 - 11:10pm
    • caam000

A rejection is the least they could do, especially after telephone interview. Especially if they've already finished all their AC's.

• 18 April 2012 - 10:45pm
    • fiksi

aabbccddee,
    I agree with what you say... it all seems really strange. Sometimes they send a delayed reject email, but I would expect feedback also... this is really incredible.

• 18 April 2012 - 10:41pm
    • caam000

Thanks guys!

• 18 April 2012 - 10:23pm
    • Xyan

I tried to call the phone number of the HR department and no one answered.

I left a message where I left my mobile number and kindly asked to be contacted. That was yesterday at noon. Still no answer.

I assume it's over but I thought some feedback would still be useful. I also had to wait something like 8-9 weeks before I was invited to an AC.

• 18 April 2012 - 10:00pm
    • aabbccddee

The gap between my telephone interview and being contacted for the AC was 8 or 9 weeks, and having attended an AC 4 weeks ago I haven't heard back from them. Read into that what you will, but I find it incredible.

• 18 April 2012 - 9:38pm
    • fiksi

@max1985

It looks like many were not contacted at all, even after AC. After 6 weeks you can probably assume it's over... If you read back a bit, we discussed about this. I agree with aabbccddee that everyone needs some news, and esp after AC you should get an answer of some sort.

• 18 April 2012 - 8:50pm
    • caam000

Maybe I'm completely out of the loop, but I had a telephone interview with the outsourcers 6 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back even after repeated emails and phone calls.

Can someone please tell me; have all the commercial analytics assessment centres been held?

Have Gazprom contacted people via email to reject after telephone interview or do they just not bother?

I would be really grateful for any information anyone can give me.

Thanks

• 11 April 2012 - 7:16pm
    • Xyan

DP *delete pls*

• 11 April 2012 - 8:27pm
      • aabbccddee

No news either way... seriously weird way to conduct business IMO. Especially when there were so few candidates involved.

• 11 April 2012 - 7:15pm
    • Xyan

Any news (either rejection/offer) ?!?

• 4 April 2012 - 11:21am
    • Oukka

Still nothing chaps? (Finance & Risk AC feedback)

• 2 April 2012 - 7:35pm
    • mazal

I luv doughnuts you had a reply for the front office?

• 2 April 2012 - 7:12pm
    • fiksi

I'm sorry to hear this, guys... I thought I was going to congratulate to some of you, but honestly this whole process seems a bit strange, so I had a feeling smth like this may happen.

I realise this is probably not very helpful to any of you, but just stay strong and move on.
    The answers-we don't know, are probably just some sort of rejection(?)... but, who can say for sure... I would concentrate on other apps now.

• 3 April 2012 - 10:56am
      • aabbccddee

Agreed Fiksi, it's just bizarre that they couldn't contact everybody regardless of whether they got through or not. There really weren't that many people at the AC....

• 3 April 2012 - 11:43am
        • fiksi

@aabbccddee

Yes, but you could take it as a sign. Personally, if I was pingponged, I would just wdraw my app. I think everyone deserves an answer, especially after AC.
        If you don't like the way you are treated, maybe this is not the company you want to work for... Jobseeking can be a lot of stress and frustration even in best circumstances, but one must have patience and know qualities they have.

You can achieve your goal, just be aware that period of unemployment/underemployment, or switching jobs to get where we want is a reality for most, even with 1sts and top 5 unis.

• 2 April 2012 - 7:11pm
    • Commodities

I know there is a final round for front office, have not got a clue about finance/risk

• 2 April 2012 - 7:10pm
    • Commodities

When was the finance/risk ac?

• 2 April 2012 - 6:24pm
    • Unforgettable

Finance, nothing yet!! .. I called them today but they said they are "experiencing delays", etc, so they will "contact us shortly"..
    Also asked if there will be a final round - they didn't know..

Very helpful people ;)

• 3 April 2012 - 12:04am
      • Oukka

Did you call Gazprom or the outsourcers? Did they give you a time frame?

• 2 April 2012 - 4:47pm
    • Oukka

Did you guys apply for Finance or Risk?

• 2 April 2012 - 4:02pm
    • aabbccddee

It doesn't sound like anybody on here got in then... I'm sure we'd have heard by now if successful. What a shame! :(

• 2 April 2012 - 3:08pm
    • mazal

nothing :(

• 2 April 2012 - 12:32pm
    • Commodities

So has everybody heard back?

• 30 March 2012 - 1:00pm
    • Commodities

There is definitely a final round

• 30 March 2012 - 12:10pm
    • Unforgettable

I thought there will be no final round this time, or at least they said they will try to make decisions without it...

Nothing yet for me :/

• 30 March 2012 - 12:06pm
    • Oukka

Anyone received a final round interview? Do you know when it is?

• 30 March 2012 - 11:22am
    • Commodities

Everyone should hear by today.........

• 29 March 2012 - 8:19pm
    • fiksi

Best of luck to all of you, but this is already a long wait... I hope you get positive answers.

• 28 March 2012 - 7:46pm
    • Unforgettable

I believe there will be 3 or most likely 4 graduates taken in Finance, at least that's what I was told..

• 29 March 2012 - 4:32pm
      • aabbccddee

Still nothing for anybody?

• 28 March 2012 - 2:30pm
    • fiksi

Looks like extreme competition for finance, and 1-2 candidates taken only?

IMO, people shouldn't have to wait until next AC, weeks or whatever to know if they passed. Maybe they already have someone in mind and others are on some sort of waiting list.

• 28 March 2012 - 1:48pm
    • Wikijob786

Hi Guys just to update you about the telephone interview outcome, I called the graduate recruitment team yesterday regarding my outcome, I have been told my telephone outcome seem like positive but they do not have confirmation for the next AC, therefore they think the next one will be end of April by then I have to wait and he also confirmed 90 people applied for Finance scheme lot of them have passed the telephone interview and now they have to do bench marking, he also confirmed for finance scheme they only had one AC so far but no candidate has been selected yet, Good luck guys.

• 28 March 2012 - 12:45pm
    • fiksi

Thx, guys... I don't see you as competitors. I hope we all get where we want.
    There are some helpful people here, and I am also happy to see others get a job :)

Current opportunity for me is outside UK( though it is possible to move to London office internally ), but in investment/banking sector( was my aim actually ). I would rather discuss on PM at the moment until I finalise everything. Feel free to ask.

On the Gazprom side, does anyone know how many spots they wanted to fill in total, or for each specialisation?

• 28 March 2012 - 12:36pm
    • Commodities

Check junk email as well ppl, my friend heard that way

• 28 March 2012 - 11:40am
    • Commodities

Anyone get a final round invite?

• 28 March 2012 - 12:14pm
      • aabbccddee

Nothing yet, how about you?

• 28 March 2012 - 12:32am
    • fiksi

Good luck to everyone, and don't be disappointed whatever happens... It looks like I will have something I wanted much more anyway.

Sometimes, even for very high ability individuals, it takes many apps, attempts, interviews, experience and some luck.

My experience is that wanted candidates are contacted extremely quickly, even on the same day sometimes.

@WokSz
    I wish you all the best and that you get the job :)

• 28 March 2012 - 10:03am
      • Oukka

Yes, do tell where you'll be working and congrats on the offer bud :).

• 28 March 2012 - 9:17am
      • aabbccddee

Congrats on the job Fiksi... also I guess it means one less competitor! ;) I don't suppose you can reveal where you're going to be working?

• 27 March 2012 - 11:50pm
    • Oukka

Still nothing. I really want an offer. I would kill to work there.

• 27 March 2012 - 3:42pm
    • aabbccddee

So... anybody heard back yet??

• 26 March 2012 - 9:55pm
    • Commodities

Ok, what programme did you apply for WokSz?

• 26 March 2012 - 8:42pm
    • Commodities

There is going to be a final round

• 26 March 2012 - 9:32pm
      • Oukka

Again, they said they weren't sure. It depends on if they felt it was necessary.

• 26 March 2012 - 8:35pm
    • Oukka

They did say at AC that they weren't necessarily going to have final rounds. If they were satisfied with the candidates they interviewed, then they will make offers straight away.

Not sure how true this is, but a few of us were told this.

• 26 March 2012 - 2:15pm
    • Commodities

Prob call bak 3 or. 4 ppl per programme

• 23 March 2012 - 11:08pm
    • Commodities

How did you guys and Gals find the assessment centre?

• 26 March 2012 - 1:19pm
      • aabbccddee

I though the AC was ok... seemed like a really good company to work for as well. Any ideas how many they're looking to invite back out of the 13 that were there?

• 26 March 2012 - 2:03pm
        • Oukka

No idea!

Anyone heard back yet?

• 21 March 2012 - 8:34pm
    • fiksi

@LoveHeart

I can't remember exactly atm, but there were six questions. It is possible that the number and actual questions could differ, but are within those competencies you are told. It might not be of much help, as some of these pointers are rather vague and very broad.

Question are only competency, and interview is outsourced, so you probably know more about Gazprom than interviewer.

• 21 March 2012 - 6:44am
    • LoveHeart

Hey guys,

What questions did they ask you for your telephone interviews?

• 21 March 2012 - 9:21pm
      • kris12345

LoveHeart,

Personally I got asked about adaptability and relationship building ... Questions where along the lines of "tell me a time when you asked someone for help", "tell me a time when the circumstances have changed and you had to alter your approach" , "tell me a time when you thought you needed to change your approach to work, how and why" ... so simple straight forward competency questions, and they have already told you which competencies to focus on so you should be ok :)

• 20 March 2012 - 5:29pm
    • Commodities

So who going to the ac this week?

• 20 March 2012 - 5:19pm
    • fiksi

@max1985
    you have a point there, but this process seems worse than many others, for the reasons I stated. I had experience with much better ones, which emphasise skills, knowledge, interest in the job etc.

@WokSz
    point taken :) Anyway, I apped for finance... anyone know how many spots they even had in mind?

• 20 March 2012 - 5:07pm
    • Oukka

Guys, could you please keep these discussions off this thread? The reason being that next year when applicants are looking for information on Gazprom they'll have a lot more posts to read through. It's not fair :)

• 20 March 2012 - 5:01pm
    • caam000

A Graduate Programme is essentially an on the job training scheme for young students with little to no training. (Stating the obvious, I know)

Some statistics highlight that there are about 150 Graduates applying for every single one of these jobs. Just go to Reed to see this in action.

With a conservative estimate probably half of those 150 are very well suited to the roles they are applying to.

The bleak truth is that no matter how good a recruitment process is, or how thorough an employer is - there are going to be hundreds of capable people being rejected.

• 20 March 2012 - 2:07pm
    • fiksi

@I luv doughnuts

Yes, if you get it, it doesn't matter, I agree.
    What you say is exactly my point, the more interaction with firm, the better it is. I was just saying that these outsourced competency interviews can't determine your ability to do the job, even less so when done by people who know nothing about the job at all. This is why they sometimes remove the most able candidates.

Yes, final stage is always business. But some other firms do everything inside(except shl test perhaps).

• 20 March 2012 - 11:36am
    • Commodities

All companies outsource some of the recruitment process. For example, shl tests etc, ideally you have more interaction with the actual firm, but if you get the job it doesn't really matter how you did, does it? Final stage is interview with business ppl anyway

• 20 March 2012 - 8:51am

@fiksi, I totally agree with you.

So far, I learnt that, to succeed in a graduate scheme, you don't have to be an expert of that sector but only ambitious, bold, team leader and accurate.
    Recruiters probably forget that any job needs "number two"s as much as "number one"s. I have the feeling that it's more on psychologic profile of the candidate than his real potential...

• 20 March 2012 - 11:13am
      • fiksi

@jackbauer

Yes, it seems to be some kind of profile, but often nothing to do with real ability for the job. As I said, I already have some work experience, and I know for certain that these competency interviews often filter out the best candidates. Also, sometimes one doesn't have all examples(a hardworking person might have never been late, say).

The only person to evaluate your ability for the job should be the person in business. For instance, a candidate who knows everything about Gazprom, has interest, and say numerical ability, could be rejected on a basis of extremely biased competency interview. Even if HR do the process, my experience is, in bigger companies, people from the company do it. This is still much better.

I sometimes feel these companies almost don't care who they let outsiders filter people... but given that real graduate unemployment in UK is well above 50%(people do menial jobs, don't admit etc.) there is a true employment crisis which might destroy young people. IMO, it is smart to look outside UK for a job now, even for lower pay.

• 19 March 2012 - 8:20pm
    • fiksi

@jackbauer

I agree with you, it may not be good news. Some companies don't even bother to reject you...

It's a terrible market now, graduate unemployment can't even be counted, as many take any further study, menial jobs etc. just to be on the job. This recruitment is for a few places only I think... anyone know how many?

But jack, how can a person who has nothing to do with company whatsoever, and based on such interview, rate your ability for the job? Or rank you? They can't, it's very simple.

This is why if you have a 100 people who pass, but you can take on only 5 through, for such interview, it will often be nothing more but chance.

When you have technical interviews, presentations, exercises etc. then it's different.

• 19 March 2012 - 10:38am
    • Unforgettable

Hey guys, does anyone know what the AC is like? What activities are there?
    I have applied for Finance..

• 19 March 2012 - 7:02pm
      • Oukka

Which one are you going to? Read the e-mail they sent you.

• 18 March 2012 - 7:27pm

@WokSz

in recruitment no news is not always good news.
    Generally, a perfect match will be contacted asap, a discrete one would be contacted whenever others have turned down the invitation...
    I applied for Commercial Analytics btw

• 16 March 2012 - 12:52pm
    • Wikijob786

Hi guys I just spoken to Graduate recruitment team and I have been advised by next week all candidate will be inform about their telephone outcome so figure cross and good luck

• 16 March 2012 - 11:22am
    • hannah1710

I did my telephone interview on the 9th Feb and hadn't heard anything yet. However, I withdrew my application yesterday as I have another job offer.

Good luck with the rest of the process to everyone else :)

• 18 March 2012 - 2:00am
      • Oukka

Thank you very much. May I ask where you'll be working?

• 16 March 2012 - 11:13am

yeah I know how it works, fiksi, I didn't have big hopes about that, so...

• 15 March 2012 - 8:19pm
    • Commodities

What programmes have ppl made it through to the next round for? Somebody speak up

• 15 March 2012 - 3:57pm

to everybody's waiting for the outcome of the phone interview, this is the answer they've given me by email right now:

"We are still in the process of reviewing candidates telephone interview results. Unfortunately this is taking considerably longer than originally predicted but we hope to be able to provide candidates with updates in the near future."

Let's see, finger crossed for all of us :)

• 15 March 2012 - 8:08pm
      • fiksi

Hey Jack,
      this is just like I said. Unfortunately, they will have to eliminate most of ppl in this stage, and so, even if say 70% pass initially, they might have to eliminate half of that. This is just a guess. To those who get short end of the stick in this, stay hopeful and push on.

• 14 March 2012 - 3:01pm
    • Commodities

What do the guys that have gt through to the assessment centre applied for?

• 14 March 2012 - 1:23pm
    • Hope2012

The application process is strange when i completed one of the tests it was as though i had not gone through and then got another message with the verbal test. Now have not heard anything from them, this started since last year.

• 14 March 2012 - 1:19pm
    • Wikijob786

I guys I had my interview on 2nd of March 2011 but still waiting to hear from them, I need some info, I hope I pass the interview is there any knows how long do they take to contact for outcome of interview. Many Thanks

• 14 March 2012 - 6:13pm
      • fiksi

Hey, it doesn't sound too good... in my experience sometimes you are not notified at all, which means a rejection.

You could be on the waiting list, or even still get good news. But the longer it is, the less likely it will be so. Try and contact them about it.

• 13 March 2012 - 12:04am
    • fiksi

jack, ring them up and ask... and yeah, it really depends a lot on interviewer, mood, what comes up... "comparing" answers to these questions is really in no way straightforward. Also, some interviewers really push you for time/interrupt. If you fail, you won't even know why it is.

I think these questions have absolutely nothing to do with ability to do the job and I already have some work experience.

My experience is that this kind of interview is a hit and miss(even same examples for same questions are very good for some, not as good for others).

In this job climate, large number of apps is what we have to do. In the end, they have to filter a lot of ppl on the phone, so they will have to reject. Bear in mind that sometimes hundreds of us are after 1-2 places.

Good luck to everyone and keep applying :)

• 12 March 2012 - 11:04pm
    • Commodities

@jack ring them and get clarification

• 12 March 2012 - 9:56pm

I guess I have been rejected because they haven't contacted me yet after the interview on 28th (they told me they would have given me the result in 7-10 days).
    I agree about luck involved: questions can be tricky, not predictable.
    Also, my interviewer kept on interrupting me every minute, implying that CAR was not important for him probably.

Good luck for the chosen ones, GazpromM&T is a good opportunity, don't waste it ;)

• 16 March 2012 - 6:50pm
      • Oukka

It takes them a while. No news is good news.

• 9 March 2012 - 11:30pm
    • fiksi

Guess some say within a week, but it could be more. Don't stress yourself. These competency interviews can go either way, really. Best of luck to everyone...

• 9 March 2012 - 6:44pm
    • thecrookedlake

I applied to Commerical Analytics. Will there definitely be final interviews after the assessment centre day? Long process!

• 9 March 2012 - 9:45pm
      • kris12345

How long after ur interview did u get the invite for the commercial analyst position ? Coz on the phone they told me they'd get back to me in 2-3 days so am not sure about the 2 week period someone mentioned above..

• 9 March 2012 - 6:17pm
    • fiksi

Yeah, maybe 1/3 or so will pass the AC, and then another half eliminated at final interview maybe. Not to mention that competency interviews are often "coin flipping".

• 10 March 2012 - 8:43am
      • Oukka

'coin flipping'?

What do you mean?

• 10 March 2012 - 1:18pm
        • fiksi

A lot of luck involved(and experience in this type of interview). There is nothing on company, motivation, knowledge... I prefer to talk to people in business, and about the job. I know Phds who've failed such interviews because of this, even though they are much better than candidates who passed in terms of their ability to do the job.

I also prefer face to face interviews, and I think that grad recruitment is too important to be outsourced at any level.

• 9 March 2012 - 4:57pm
    • Commodities

There are going to be 2 assessment centres only

• 8 March 2012 - 4:27pm
    • Commodities

Sounds like quite a few ppl are through to the next round, good luck ppl

• 8 March 2012 - 4:09pm
    • Oukka

It took them two weeks for me.

• 8 March 2012 - 1:13pm
    • sante

Did anyone receive a rejection after the telephone interview? How long did it take them to get back on you?

• 8 March 2012 - 2:51pm
      • fiksi

Yeah. Thought it went ok, but with these competency things you never know... when I thought it wasn't as good, then I passed. Go figure.

• 7 March 2012 - 9:48pm
    • Unforgettable

Hey guys, do you have any details about the AC?

• 6 March 2012 - 4:56pm
    • thecrookedlake

Yes the phone interview is all competency questions. Just got the invite to the assessment day.

• 6 March 2012 - 5:45pm
      • Oukka

What scheme?

• 4 March 2012 - 9:29am
    • Oukka

No questions on the company. It's all about the competencies. The interviews are outsourced, so I doubt the interviewer knows much more than we do.

• 4 March 2012 - 11:15am
      • kris12345

Thanks a lot WokSz

• 6 March 2012 - 3:51pm
        • Oukka

No problem. Just remain calm and you'll be fine. The interviewers are very friendly.

• 2 March 2012 - 5:23pm
    • kris12345

Numerical test is really easy! much easier than SHL so I wouldnt worry about it.
    They didnt ask me for the extra competency based questions so I dnt really know...

But does anyone, by any chance, have the job describtion of the commercial analyst programme? as it is no longer online and I didnt copy it into word.

• 27 February 2012 - 5:40pm
    • qwe1234567890

Anyone whos good at the numerical can help me out for the finance scheme? I am really worries as I am good in verbal and logical but not that good at numerical stuff. Is anyone willing to help who has already taken the test and s really good at it?

• 27 February 2012 - 1:19pm
    • alijk1989

Hi,

I got a phone call the other day about arranging a telephone interview but I've since accidentally deleted the message. Dies anyone have the number to ring the grad recruitment department? Think it was an 0845 number.

Cheers

• 26 February 2012 - 11:00am
    • Interrupted

I am having telephone interview next week. Does anyone have some experience on this and can share it?

• 3 March 2012 - 6:02pm
      • kris12345

Interrupted, how did ur interview go?

can you please share your experiences? how was the general flow of interview? questions more about u or the company?

• 23 February 2012 - 6:06pm
    • qwe1234567890

Hi guys, i have applied for the finance scheme and need some help in the numerical. Are they the same or similar to the practise questions they send as a PDF file? was it hard? Appreciate any kind of help.

• 26 February 2012 - 10:58am
      • Interrupted

qwe1234567890, they are a bit harder than examples, as it is always the case with all the tests. The annoying thing is that you cant win some time for other parts of the test, since it is strictly divided into 3 mins for 4 questions. I found it harder than SHL or Kinexa tests. But perhaps one reason is that I am not used to such format. I did not think I did well since I paniced on one question and lost it a bit, but then I found out that I passed it.

• 21 February 2012 - 9:11pm
    • xaftas

hey,
    I got the same e-mail as hannah1710 saying that they have "reassessed my application" . My application is for Commercial Analytics. First round was the numerical tests, which were extremely easy and then I was sent verbal and diagrammatic reasoning tests. The diagrammatic reasoning tests had a few very hard questions. I did the tests on the 19th Feb and waiting.. no word for competency questions. and as far as i can remember from what read (also from last year forums) there was no other reference to diagrammatic reasoning..

• 12 February 2012 - 11:00pm
    • GTK12

At what stage are you now WokSz? Did you apply for Finance or Risk?

• 12 February 2012 - 3:13pm
    • mdbmt

After the numerical tests you'll get sent some competency questions to answer. If i remember correctly you have a week roughly to answer them and send them back to gazprom. Once you pass this stage you then get sent a verbal reasoning test which is pretty straightforward.

• 13 February 2012 - 11:03am
      • J-B

Thanks for your comment. I was actually looking more towards the timing aspect. Do they send the competency questions immediately or after a couple of days..? How long did it take you to receive a response? I suppose they inform you if you pass the numerical test by inviting you to do the competency questions?

Also, in my original application there were already some competency questions (1. Tell us about a time when you depended on others to help you deliver a project/service? 2. Tell us about a time when you it was necessary to significantly change the way you were doing something? 3. Tell us about a project or activity that you chose to do and you were particularly proud of it?), they'll ask different ones?

I'm just really curious how long the initial process will take, if someone could give me an idea on this it will put my mind at ease.

Many thanks in advance!

• 13 February 2012 - 1:52pm
        • Oukka

Those are the same competency questions that I was asked. It took them about a month to get back to me with the tests and questions.

• 12 February 2012 - 5:50pm
      • Oukka

This is correct. If you pass this, then it's telephone interview and assessment centre. Some programmes require a final round interview.

• 12 February 2012 - 1:38pm
    • J-B

So I've just done the numerical test, thought it went ok. Much easier than SHL I think. Do you know if we can obtain the results of this on the Saville Consulting website? What happens how, do I simply just wait... What I gather from reading above is that they contact you at some point about the next stage? How long does it take them to respond before you get invited to the next assessment stage? Just wondering when I can expect an email!!! Good luck to everyone and thanks for clarifying..

• 9 February 2012 - 3:20pm
    • hannah1710

I passed my verbal test and had a telephone interview earlier today. It was completely competency based - no motivation questions or anything at all - 6 questions, 2 on each of 3 areas which they told me when they rang to arrange it. The next stage is an assessment centre but have been told it could be a few weeks before I hear anything more.

• 27 May 2012 - 9:41pm
      • Phnx

Hi, hannah, would you mind to share the three competency areas and questions?? Mine are adaptability, building relationships and adopting new things. Yours are the same ones? What questions about the learning ability??

• 9 February 2012 - 3:48pm
      • Oukka

Well done. How long was your interview?

• 8 February 2012 - 2:16pm
    • Oukka

I wonder if they'll also make us do logical reasoning.

• 3 February 2012 - 4:18pm
    • thecrookedlake

Same thing happened me hannah1710, only I was rejected before even doing the online tests! Got the invite to do the numerical tests today, how did everyone find them?

• 26 January 2012 - 12:53pm
    • hannah1710

Very odd circumstances - was rejected last week (following tests and competency questions) and just had another email saying that they have reassessed my application and changed their minds! So apparently I'm back in the process and now required to take another online test. I assume this is different to the tests I did before the competency questions though I can't remember exactly what the other tests were.

• 26 January 2012 - 5:53am
    • Oukka

Ah damn, sorry to hear that in_zider. Did they give you any feedback?

• 25 January 2012 - 2:18pm
    • in_zider

rejected today for commercial role.

• 25 January 2012 - 1:22pm
    • mikeMFIN

I did the verbal test, now waiting for the results

• 25 January 2012 - 1:14pm
    • pendresc

did online tests then competency questions then asked to sit a verbal test last week and haven't heard back yet?

• 19 January 2012 - 5:03pm
    • Xyan

I only did two tests (sent 13th and 22th Dec).

• 23 January 2012 - 5:58am
      • Oukka

How did the telephone interview go? Do you mind sharing what the questions were?

• 18 January 2012 - 9:50pm
    • Xyan

Hi guys/girls,

I also applied in November and received the tests on the same dates (for Risk). Got an invite for a telephone interview tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

• 19 January 2012 - 3:05am
      • Oukka

Cool man. Did you get asked to do the competency questions or just straight to telephone interview?

• 17 January 2012 - 1:02pm
    • Funmi

I applied for the Finance scheme and then did the tests and then I received an email of the competency questions which have now been completed for a while now. I still have not heard anything yet.

• 17 January 2012 - 11:08am
    • Oukka

Glad I'm not the only one! Any idea when we should we hearing back?

• 17 January 2012 - 10:18am
    • in_zider

Completed the test in Dec, havent heard back so far.

• 17 January 2012 - 8:38am
    • hannah1710

I applied to HR. Submitted my app on the 29th November, had an email to sit the tests on the 13th December, did those straight away, then got another email on the 22nd December asking me to fill in some competency questions. Sent that back on the 3rd January and haven't heard anything since. No idea how long that wait is likely to be now.