£30.00 inc VAT (was £509.99)
2 hours, 23 minutes
Venipuncture is the process of drawing blood from a patient for sample collection, practised by phlebotomists, practice nurses and other medical professionals, working in hospitals, care homes and GP practices. In the Phlebotomy Technician Training course, you will receive step-by-step training on how to perform a routine venipuncture, equipping you with the skills required to fast track your career in the health care sector.
This practical training course covers in-depth information on the composition and circulation of blood, and the three main veins for drawing blood, guiding you through best practice procedures and infection prevention control measures. You will also learn which veins to avoid in the venipuncture process and will familiarise with blood withdrawal equipment.
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This Phlebotomy Technician Training doesn’t entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a phlebotomist
- Deepen your understanding of the composition and circulation of blood
- Learn about the three main veins for drawing blood, and the veins to be avoided
- Understand the equipment required for drawing blood and the procedures for collecting blood samples
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to perform a routine venipuncture
- Understand the health and safety guidelines in place to prevention infection
- Fast track your career with a recognised, formal qualification in Phlebotomy
- Familiarise with best practice procedures and guidelines for drawing blood
Phlebotomist Training Module 1: Venepuncture: A Method of Phlebotomy Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology Module 3: Before Venepuncture Module 4: During Venepuncture Module 5: After Venepuncture Module 6: Venepuncture for Blood Donation Module 7: Glossary Module 8: Appendix Mock Exam Final Exam
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate for FREE and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for aspiring phlebotomists who wish to gain the fundamental skills and knowledge to fast track their career. It is also suitable for practice nurses and other medical professionals with venipuncture duties. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
The Phlebotomy Technician Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This Phlebotomy Technician Training will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Enrol on our course now and get started on the journey of taking your career to the next level.