If an employee has a responsibility then they have been given the duty to make decisions in certain circumstances. Interviewers use competency based questions to find out how candidates have performed in the past when they have been given responsibilities and to find out how candidates may perform responsibilities given to them in the future.
Examples of competency based questions used to determine how candidates have performed their responsibilities in the past include:
- Tell me about a time when you were responsible for something.
- How do you perform your responsibilities?
- Are you a responsible person? Explain why.
- Do you enjoy having responsibilities?
- What responsibilities have you been given in the past?