Vodafone Experience Day (March 2010)

126 posts [Last post]

18 February 2010 - 10:19pm

Hi

Just wondering is anyone attending experience day at Vodafone for the one year graduate scheme.

Thanks.

19 February 2010 - 8:57pm

Hi, I am attending the experience day. Any idea what we are going to do?

20 February 2010 - 10:03am

All I been told is that there will be an Interview, a group task and some other stuff which they have not mentioned.

Is your on like mid March? What time

Cheers :)

20 February 2010 - 2:43pm

It is on 5th March? How about yours ?

20 February 2010 - 6:45pm

Mines on the 15th

Will you do me a favor and let me know what the ask you etc please?

Thanks

22 February 2010 - 10:58am

Hi Guys,

I've also been invited to the 'Experience Day' - mine is on the 15th. All the information I've gotten is that there will be an interview and a group activity, I assume there will be a presentation by vodafone to give us some insight into the company, thats just my opinion though! Do you guys mind me asking what kind of backgrounds ye have ie.. retail etc?

Thanks!

22 February 2010 - 11:17pm

Hi all,

I will be joining for the Experience Day on March 5. My background is marketing and investment banking - I realize that sounds a bit out there. Anyways, looking forward to meeting new faces and maybe working together soon.

All the best, Luigi

23 February 2010 - 11:31am

Hi!

I'll be attending the Experience Day on March 5, with two of you guys! I have no idea what they will ask us... I've only been told to dress smart but not with a suit and that it will last for half a day. I have to be there at 8.45 am... what about you? How will you prepare for the day? Have you experienced something similar? My background is management, I worked for some media companies so this sounds a little bit new to me too. Looking forward to meeting you! Erica

23 February 2010 - 11:33am

Hi!

I'll be attending the Experience Day on March 5, with two of you guys! I have no idea what they will ask us... I've only been told to dress smart but not with a suit and that it will last for half a day. I have to be there at 8.45 am... what about you? How will you prepare for the day? Have you experienced something similar? My background is management, I worked for some media companies so this sounds a little bit new to me too. Looking forward to meeting you! Erica

24 February 2010 - 11:31am

I had some one from HR who told me what they day is likely to be and how you should dress up (smart but not too formal)

Shuilleabhan: What time is your experience day on 15th.. Mines in the afternoon.

24 February 2010 - 12:35pm

Hi hazihaz,

may I ask you what they told you about the day? What is it likely to be?

Thanks

Erica

24 February 2010 - 3:03pm

Hi Hazihaz,

Mine is on in the morning. Did HR give you any further insight into the day other than whats up here already?

My background is Telecommunications/Retail/Property/Law....

Best of Luck Everyone!!

25 February 2010 - 9:03pm

Hi, Hazihaz and those whose interview are in 15th Mar. I am wondering what roles you applied for? My interview is in 5th Mar and I am applying Marketing position. I just want to see whether two interviews date are for ppl who apply different roles.

Hi, Hazihaz and those whose interview are in 15th Mar. I am wondering what roles you applied for? My interview is in 5th Mar and I am applying Marketing position. I just want to see whether two interviews date are for ppl who apply different roles.

25 February 2010 - 10:38pm

Hi Kosover,

The departments I asked for are Legal/Property/HR respectively, but I said I would be interested in other areas in the company also. Hows your prep going for the Experience Day?

26 February 2010 - 11:56pm

I applied to Finance/Marketing/Strategic.

All I been told is a group exercise, interview and tour around the building by one of HR people when he called up just to confirm I was coming.

It is expected to last max 5hrs I Think.

27 February 2010 - 10:25am

hi everybody!

I'm also in the experience days on the 5th at 8.45.

I applied for finance/strategy/mktg

I would like to ask you a couple of things...

by dress smart what you think they mean??? for assessment center usually I dress up with a white shirt and gray suit...would it be too much?? they expect us to go there just with jeans and shirt?

do you think there will be logic/math tests or just interview and cases?

for the interview how are you preparing your self? i am getting ready by saying why i chosed vodafone and this programme and not the one of orange for example...what about you??

any feedback will be highly appreciated!

cheers

TFM

27 February 2010 - 12:18pm

Hi! I am also on the 5th at 8.45! I applied for a Marketing position mainly. The woman from HR who called me told me not to dress with a suit. She told me that it is sufficient to dress with black jeans and a nice sweater, anyway I don't think that if you dress elegant it will be a problem. I don't think there will be logic/math tests, I think there will be only individual interviews and group exercises. I just wonder how technical they will be. For the interview I think I'll check the news about Vodafone, and prepare for questions like "Why do you want to work here/what do you expect/why a graduate programme/what do you think you can add to the company etc." Hope this feedback helped a little bit! See you there,

Erica

27 February 2010 - 12:36pm

thank you erica! any other suggestions will be highly appreciated!

27 February 2010 - 3:05pm

hi guys, seems no1 is for the 3rd of march...mine is 3rd of march and i really dnt know what to expect. one thing is for sure, i am dressing corporate. interviewers score for dress code and i am ready to earn points for that!

28 February 2010 - 12:27am

what you mean by dressing corporate? black suit and white shirt?

28 February 2010 - 9:52am

Guys..another question that popped out in my mind this morning....is this the last step in the recruitment process or there are some further steps (i.e. f2f interview)?

thx

28 February 2010 - 11:10am

when the lady called me, she told me no tshirts and jeans so that means a shirt and trousers....u necessarily dnt have to wear a suit buh what does it cost u to wear a suit. its better safe than not.....u want a job, do everything u can to get it....

and yes, this is the last step of the recruitment process!

28 February 2010 - 11:36am

that's good...I wonder how many UK applicants and non-uk applicants are there...I am from greece...are you all uk citizens??

28 February 2010 - 11:48am

well i really dnt know about the applicants. vodafone has a wide international presence and i believe that wouldnt be a problem even if u are from space.....

28 February 2010 - 12:03pm

I am from Italy:) Erica

28 February 2010 - 12:29pm

nice......pls i really wanna know who else is attending the experience day on Wednesday 3rd of march!

28 February 2010 - 12:39pm

what depts did you apply for? so to understand may be on the 3rd who would be attending....

28 February 2010 - 12:45pm

hey guys i'm going to be there on the 3rd at 13.30! anyone else at that time?

28 February 2010 - 1:03pm

what dept did you apply for?

28 February 2010 - 1:03pm

obviously retail which is compulsory for everyone, and finance....cnt remember the last one..i fink sales

28 February 2010 - 1:04pm

hey leona what dept did u apply for?

28 February 2010 - 1:40pm

damani are you also at 13:30 or 8:45?

28 February 2010 - 1:42pm

Anyone attending the Experience Day on the 15th in the morning? Im from Ireland, will most of you guys be staying overnight in Newbury? - Im trying to choose a hotel. Do we know if the interviews are group interviews or one on one?

28 February 2010 - 1:48pm

Hey Shuilleabhan! I am also staying the night before...the Hilton nearby is for about 35pounds per night! Do check it out...

I think the interviews will be definitely one-on-one!

28 February 2010 - 2:02pm

Thanks leonalewis!

Is that the Hilton Centre? I noticed there are 2. Hows your prep going for the day - have you attended assessment days before?

28 February 2010 - 2:02pm

mine is 13.30

28 February 2010 - 2:13pm

Hi Shuillebhan! This is the link for you - http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hilton-newbury-north.html?sid=96e489d30c29b06421e367d1721aa62d

Yes I have been to an assessment centre before, in fact quite recently! I was at the Siemens Grad Scheme Assessment centre...how is your preparation going?

28 February 2010 - 2:22pm

Brill thanks leonalewis.

I haven't really done a whole lot yet - my interviews not for another 2 weeks - Il just go over common interview questions, read up on the company, go over their price plans and Vodafone 360, go over my CV and work history, thats all I can really think of! Never been to an assessment centre before so just a bit apprehensive of the 'unknown'!

1 March 2010 - 8:54am

dear all,

I just wanted to point out that there should be free bus from newbur railway station to Vodafone HQ. I am trying to see if it will be operating during our experience days and their time schedule...if anybody knows anything please point out.

cheers!

1 March 2010 - 6:16pm

i got a call today telling me that there will be free bus available at the station before 1.30 on wed so i guess i need not to worry!

3 March 2010 - 1:58pm

Could someone has had interview today to share the experiences? Thanks a lot!

4 March 2010 - 12:29am

kosover i attended the assessment center today along with about 60 other graduates. i do not think it will be fair on any of us if i shared our experiences with you. we could discuss this after all the assessments have taken place. but as of now, it just won't be fair on any of us who went in with no idea of what to expect. that being said, it was a fantastic day. thoroughly enjoyable and fun. very different from other assessment centers. have a great time and i hope you understand why i do not want to disclose details about the day.

4 March 2010 - 7:38am

Hey! Will be in Newbury today around 3-4pm... if anyone wants to hang out before tomorrow's day and get to know one another send me a facebook msg to Luigi Alessandro Isoletti. Cheers!

4 March 2010 - 10:35am

Hi leonalewis,

I understand your point. Can you just tell me how long the exp. day was? According to what they told me, it should last for 3-4 hours. Thanks! Erica

4 March 2010 - 11:05am

the experience day started at 1.30 and we got done at 6pm...a very very long day...take enough snacks and food with you...

4 March 2010 - 11:27am

Hey leonialewis,

Hope your day went well for you!

Just wondering how the hotel was and how much taxi from hotel to the Vodafone HQ was approx! Will you have to wait untill all the assessment days are over until you find out how you got on?

Thanks!

4 March 2010 - 11:37am

i did not end up staying at the hotel as it was turning out to be too expensive...all the cheap rooms were gone...so i travelled 5 hours the same day and 5 hours back after the assessment! you will not need a taxi from the train station to the headquarters...vodafone has buses running every 10 mins or so from the station...just wait and a vodafone person (wearing red) will come find you at the station and take you back! it's all very well planned! just enjoy your day, really!