Lloyds Banking Group Assessment Centre
I have a Lloyd's AC coming up soon as well. For Commercial banking-Products.
Any info will be appreciated! :)
Hello guys! Congratulations for the offers on the Finance programme! I am attending an AC next week for Finance and I was wondering about commercial/technical questions in the interview. Did they ask about pros and cons on CIMA/ACCA? Could you please elaborate a bit?
Very much appreciated!
Have got an IT AC coming up in Solihull on the 9th of April...anyone going?
I had an assessment for the HR programme a few months ago but I would imagine most of them are pretty similar. Here's how the day went on:
1. Presentation about the graduate programme and Lloyds - not assessed
2. Case study - we had one hour to review about 15-20 pages of material (data, emails, graphs, etc). It was basically one bank acquiring another with a totally different culture, and had to analyze issues from the perspective of finance, HR, communications, marketing, and products. We then presented to one assessor for 10 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of questions. The questions were pretty standard, such as "what information do you wish you needed", "how would you prioritize your actions", etc.
3. Competency interview - very standard interview, the assessor was really nice. They asked a lot of the same questions from the telephone interview, and then behavioural questions linked to their competencies. Lasted for about 45 min.
4. Meeting with current graduates (not assessed).
5. Group exercise - same case from the case study. We had to work in a group of six to evaluate different charity work proposals for the company to invest in. From their feedback, it seemed like they were most looking for collaboration and making sure everyone had the chance to speak, rather than one person being the leader.
Thanks, that helps a lot. Was worried there was a really heavy focus on them as opposed to my skill set. Glad it should only be around 25 mins or so.
Hi there! I know there are some questions for commercial banking, namely, what do you think about a customer facing role. Other than that, the questions are mainly competency along with a few Why Lloyds and why your programme. That's all really! Only lasted 25 mins!
I have a telephone interview for Commercial Banking (regions) coming up shortly and was wondering what they focus on? Is it more what you know about the role and Lloyds? Or is it more how you fit their character profile? (I assume their focus shouldn't differ too much depending on the role)
- 1 of 2